Pics and Videos Post Video and Sound clips here. This forum is for video's pertaining to Honda Civic's, Racing (Street/Strip), Interviews, and Off Topic.

OMG!~

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2005, 08:45 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: OMG!~

i had to go up a hill probably 50% grade
Right.........................................

Old 12-14-2005, 09:03 PM
HCF Member

hah our pt cruiser does burnouts in drive with no ebrake...... just smack on the gas from a dead stop and itll leave a little smokey trail. as far as manual burnouts, my 1.5 does it without dumping the clutch at a high rpm.... one thing too keep in mind as to what bobby stated, high rpm clutch dumping and an open diff will lead too excessive diff pin wear and eventual failure in terms of a whole in the tranny and no foward or reverse motion upon completion i have done this oh so many times and have learned my lesson

Old 12-14-2005, 09:49 PM
Recognized HCF Member

ouch thats not good for the auto

Old 12-15-2005, 08:51 PM

You can do brakestands in automatics or nuetral drops. And I used to drop my clutch in my Eclipse all the time. Haha I learned one night when I was pissed off at my bf. (I tend to take my anger out in my driving sometimes). Its pretty bad for your car tho. I think Ive done it once in my Si, right before I replaced my tires.

Old 12-15-2005, 08:53 PM
HCF Member

that is what i wanna do before i replace my tranny and tires make sure that the tranny needs to be replaced before i take it out lol

Old 12-15-2005, 08:57 PM
HCF Member

ill take a pic for u tomorrow

Old 12-15-2005, 11:38 PM

ouch @ neutral drops. Probably one of the worst things you can do to your tranny aside from going in drive and popping it into reverse or vice versa

Old 12-16-2005, 12:02 AM

hey i used to lunch my auto. only way to keep up in the first 60 ftd. in a race , o and my tranns is fine, buti only did it at 2,500 or 3,500 . but i have to argre don't do it higher then that u will pay for it,

Old 12-16-2005, 01:21 AM

Haha yea its pretty bad. This girl I used to be friends with is hecka dumb. She drives her moms (actually im not positive wat year it is cause she always lies and cant remember wat she said before so it ends up bein all different years) but slightly older Mercedes 230, supercharged. Im sorry but her car is a peice of crap. She thinks its hott cause its a Mercedes. Its probably worth my header, intake, and exhaust. Id take the supercharger out then drive the car off the nearest cliff. Sorry, anyway we went on a roadtrip to Idaho to see one of our friends who moved there..and the one who drives the Mercedes was mad about something, and wanted to burn out. She didnt kno how so I told her to do a neutral drop. Now she thinks shes hella cool or something when she does it and will regularly to show off. A few months ago I was in her car and you could feel the transmission slipping. I told her to stop doin the drops but shes an idiot and doesnt think anythings wrong with her "baby". Her mom is gonna be pretty pissed when the transmission in the only car they have goes out cause her dumb daughter thought she looked cool.

And this has to be the slowest supercharged car Ive ever driven. My moms beemer would smoke that car and its not boosted at all. My Si would smoke it, she wouldnt even race me but wanted to say something cause I bought a Honda instead of a stupid *** "luxury car". Sorry just had to vent. Id rather have my pretty decent Honda.

Old 12-16-2005, 02:35 AM

ORIGINAL: mike1987

hey i used to lunch my auto. only way to keep up in the first 60 ftd. in a race , o and my tranns is fine, buti only did it at 2,500 or 3,500 . but i have to argre don't do it higher then that u will pay for it,
Try brake charging instead of neutral dropping your car for a launch. Replacing your brakes is alot cheaper/easier than a transmission, but then again brake charging might not be very healthy for your transmission either

Quick Reply: OMG!~