Pics and Videos Post Video and Sound clips here. This forum is for video's pertaining to Honda Civic's, Racing (Street/Strip), Interviews, and Off Topic.

Sno*Drift 2009! (Lots of Pics and a Video)

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2009, 04:36 AM
Laced with Sarcasm
Default Sno*Drift 2009! (Lots of Pics and a Video)

Tyler (aryiman), my buddy Chris and I traveled north to Atlanta/Lewiston MI this past weekend to take part in the Sno*Drift 2009 Festivities. This was Chris and I’s second time going, and the trip seemed like a much bigger success this year. I feel like we’ve got a good grasp on the event, so from here on out things can only get better.

Notes for next year..
-Bring TWO battery packs for Video cam
-More batteries
-Water (turns out drinking beer all day two days straight really dries you out)
-Find more “hidden” areas to watch the race

Anyway, we did the best we could to grab as many pics and video clips as possible. However, when its only 6 freakin degrees outside, digital cameras tend to say “EFF YOU” and just shut themselves off after a while.

We started the day Friday by hitting the Parc Expose to check out some of the cars..

Name:  ParcExpose.jpg
Views: 77
Size:  104.9 KB

Trailers and what not..

Name:  ParcExposeTrailersandwhatnot.jpg
Views: 62
Size:  56.8 KB

Pastrana’s was the ONLY clean car in the lot

Name:  Pastrana.jpg
Views: 28
Size:  107.9 KB

Name:  Pastrana1.jpg
Views: 31
Size:  148.5 KB

Name:  Scoobys1.jpg
Views: 117
Size:  112.1 KB

The White '09 STI did not have this pretty front bumper for long, lol

Name:  Scoobys2.jpg
Views: 33
Size:  95.8 KB

So badass..

Name:  Scoobys.jpg
Views: 50
Size:  83.9 KB

WAGON!

Name:  SubyWagon.jpg
Views: 40
Size:  108.9 KB

Name:  MattJohnson.jpg
Views: 147
Size:  75.1 KB

Name:  Mirra1.jpg
Views: 54
Size:  110.3 KB

Name:  Moresuby2.jpg
Views: 34
Size:  96.6 KB

Name:  Moresubys.jpg
Views: 30
Size:  109.0 KB

Look closely……NOS!!!!!1

Name:  NOS.jpg
Views: 44
Size:  72.8 KB

Sickest wagon there! I was so bummed he didn’t get to run.

Name:  BAWagon1.jpg
Size:  82.0 KB

Name:  BAWagon.jpg
Views: 94
Size:  121.5 KB

Block’s car, didn’t get to finish due to blown motor / snowbank’d!

Name:  Block.jpg
Views: 39
Size:  103.9 KB

Name:  Evos2.jpg
Size:  66.3 KB

Bit of an inside joke here.. This guy ran the 00 car last year too, and ZOMGWALL’D it into a huge fence post and snowbank. Cool guy though. He stopped to talk to a marshal right in front of us later that night, and I said something to affect of “hey man, sweet car, you gonna keep it outta the fences this year?!” He just kinda looked at me with a blank stare, then started laughing and said “WHAT ****ING FENCE?!?” Floored it and he was on his way.

Name:  ChrisandZOMGFENCEdAudi.jpg
Views: 35
Size:  93.0 KB

Old 02-05-2009, 04:37 AM
Laced with Sarcasm

We got to the first stage early, and figured we might as well break out one of the three growlers (aka big *** jug) of beer we brought with us, as well as our glasses. Tyler fumbled the growler and his glass, which clanked together resulting in the following…

Chris and I found it hilarious, although a bit heartbreaking as this was a really good beer (Founder’s Breakfast Stout). Tyler on the otherhand, was unamused. Oh well, **** happens! We grabbed another growler, and started hiking!

Some action shots..

On their way to check on Block.. (he’s fine)

Name:  GoingtopickupBlock.jpg
Size:  71.9 KB

Name:  OldEvoRunnin.jpg
Size:  34.2 KB

Name:  ActionShots9.jpg
Views: 37
Size:  42.1 KB

Name:  ActionShots8.jpg
Size:  49.8 KB

Dave Mirra running his first ever pro-competition (he took 6th, not bad!)

Name:  ActionShots7.jpg
Views: 186
Size:  38.1 KB

Name:  ActionShots6.jpg
Size:  40.5 KB

Name:  ActionShots5.jpg
Views: 68
Size:  40.2 KB

Name:  ActionShots4.jpg
Size:  46.0 KB

Name:  ActionShots3.jpg
Views: 57
Size:  45.6 KB

Name:  ActionShots2.jpg
Size:  48.6 KB

Name:  ActionShots.jpg
Size:  46.5 KB

Alright, this shot is just to show you what the line looks like for the Night Run section of the video below. Camera doesn’t really do justice to slope, but that hill was pretty steep, and very very icey. The headlights are so damn bright that you can’t see much else, but believe me, some of these guys were all kinds of squirley comin down that hill (as you will hear my buzz’d *** say a few times, lol).

This was not actually a designated Spectator area. As we were on our way to one, we saw a fellow suby owner slammed into a snowbank. So, naturally I whipped a donut and came back to help. Turns out these dudes had been to the event like 10 years running. They told us to follow them, as they knew "the spot!" for this leg. They were right, this spot was money!

Name:  Wherethenightvidstookplace.jpg
Views: 217
Size:  74.6 KB

The Marshals told us there were 12 cars that went off right where we were standing last year. That didn't happen this year, but we did get to see an 05 STi clip the corner, get sideways and jam right in between the snowbanks right in front of us. Next car wasn't far behind either, **** was intense for a minute. Too bad the camera died right before it happened.

And finally, the video. Almost 8 minute compilation of three different areas, mostly the Super Special Stage. Hope you enjoy.. (side note, pay close attention to the fans when the Evo slams into the snowbank. This is what makes a rally race so much fun!)

I can not put into words how highly I recommend checking this event out if you ever get the chance. It’s a ton of fun, lots of great people, and nothing beats seeing some crazy ****’s rippin through the woods on snow, at night, upwards of 70-80mph.

The end!

Old 02-05-2009, 06:46 AM
formerly aryiman98civic

Yes this was a badass event. And yes I am still pissed about that damn GROLWER! Anyway this was my first year going and I think thats why Chris and Forty had a better time. Can't wait until next year.

Old 02-06-2009, 03:12 AM
Snail'n Admin

what the hell do you awnt me to post? This isnt new stuff to me...saw it days ago....sheesh, needy DAD

Old 02-06-2009, 03:21 AM
Laced with Sarcasm

STFUBOOB!

I'm shocked and appauled at the slow downfall of this forum. Had anyone posted a thread like this 2 years ago, the thing would be 5 pages long already.

What happened to the LOVE?!?!

Old 02-07-2009, 07:36 AM
HCF Member

I wanted to go being that its only an hour drive to atlanta but ended up learning about it after it was over

Old 02-09-2009, 05:10 AM
Laced with Sarcasm

Originally Posted by kanarrjl
I wanted to go being that its only an hour drive to atlanta but ended up learning about it after it was over
Mark it on your calendar for next year! It's always the last, or second to last weekend in January. Even if you only go to catch one or two stages, it will certainly be worth the hour drive!

Old 02-09-2009, 05:26 PM
formerly aryiman98civic

I came up from 6 hours away!