Pics and Videos Post Video and Sound clips here. This forum is for video's pertaining to Honda Civic's, Racing (Street/Strip), Interviews, and Off Topic.

Why do nice cars have 2 tachs?

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2006, 07:31 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Why do nice cars have 2 tachs?

Damn a2b, ur car is an auto?

Old 12-30-2006, 07:45 PM
Recognized HCF Member

ya my civic is a auto.... but i had a 86crx before that was a stick that i was gonna buy a shift light for....

and when i was young i had a somewhat crapy tach on my 66impala...
it was a auto also BUT its a powerglide transmision so it only shifted ONCE.... built for low speed but QUICK take off... but not built for speeding on the highway.LMFAOso i had to keep an eye on the engine speed..... tho i didnt have it in thier to long.... after i slaped on my new exaust i learned preaty quickly to judge the speed by ear...

PS man.... nice paint.... about time

Old 12-30-2006, 10:13 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: Belmont

ORIGINAL: 01civic

ORIGINAL: Belmont

ORIGINAL: mill$civic

Here are 2 really nice cars with 2 tachs, a stock and aftermarket. Anyone no why? Both cars were at a local show.
[IMG]local://upfiles/2140/AEA7838FCFB64BBA84F91C5987E6522C.jpg[/IMG]
I think I saw that rsx in super street or something.
i saw that too but the one in the magazine had gold rims and it looked a lil different
Yea I found it, it was in import tuner. The guys name is Keit Hong and that rsx has 428 whp.
yeah, i have that import tuner... he'es also on turbo magazine in the same month..... super clean rsx

Old 12-31-2006, 12:17 AM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: andryuha

how is that car nice? It's quite obviously a piece of rice. Ricers tend to throw useless parts on their cars. There is absolutely no reason to have two tachs. Heck, I rarely look at the tach at all when driving.
if all ricers throw useless parts on their cars, then that makes us all ricers in the aftermarket world, even if it is for performance, we really don't need it........ just a thought

Old 01-03-2007, 12:12 AM

yeah i think the stock and aftermarket vary a little, my VAFC-II reads a slightly different RPM than my tach does.

Old 01-03-2007, 12:27 AM
HCF Member

yea i have to agree. the huge tach does make the interior look cheaper. i wouldn't want one either

Old 01-03-2007, 01:09 AM
HCF Member

While I hate the huge tachs that some people have in addition to the stock tach, I can see why some might have them. I have been thinking of putting a second one in on the dash. Just a small 2 inch one because when I am driving around and have my stereo on with the windows rolled up I really cannot hear or feel the engine. So for me it would be so that I could see my engine revs without taking my eyes off the road.

Just a thought. LOL

Old 01-03-2007, 02:58 AM
HCF Member

just a thought (i had to do it)

Old 01-03-2007, 09:30 AM

ORIGINAL: hondasav

ORIGINAL: Mr Mobsta Man

Honda tryed to make the DX cheap so they took everything out of it that they could to save cost I think.

I think that.. is the CX that you are thinking of.. there is also a VX it came with a lightened frame and a 1.5 vtec with 92hp.. it was there economy gas millage vehivle.. I have heard of these cars getting well over 50mpg.. just a rumour though
peace
DX is considered a base model civic.

VX & CX are no longer made (I think they stopped with 5th Gen?), there's now strictly 6 types of civic in the US

DX, LX, EX, Si, GX, Hybrid

The GX being the Natural Gas version

There's 2 badged types of RSX

RSX & RSX-S and for the $3,000 difference in base price, it's worth it for the -S

Old 01-03-2007, 11:16 AM

now that I think about it, some people have to do it if they have modified their motor to rev much higher or did a swap alltogether

Quick Reply: Why do nice cars have 2 tachs?