Playstation PS/PS2/PS3/PSP-News, Info, games etc

Gran Turismo 5

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2010, 04:26 PM
HCF Member

I don't car for the Gallardo either. I don't get it though, I have an Audi R8, which is the same car, just toned down and when upgraded to same HP, it outhandles the Gallardo without breaking a sweat. WTF?

Hey TurdFX4, what level are you so far? I'm 21 A Spec and 20 B Spec. Where's everybody else at?

Last edited by mustangphil302; 12-17-2010 at 04:29 PM.
Old 12-17-2010, 07:49 PM

Originally Posted by mustangphil302
I don't car for the Gallardo either. I don't get it though, I have an Audi R8, which is the same car, just toned down and when upgraded to same HP, it outhandles the Gallardo without breaking a sweat. WTF?

Hey TurdFX4, what level are you so far? I'm 21 A Spec and 20 B Spec. Where's everybody else at?
Im Level 25 on A-Spec and I didnt touch B-Spec yet. All I have left to do in the Extreme Events is the Formula GT, which I need to wait for the car to come up for sale in the used lot, Ive only seen 1 so far and I didnt have the money for it at the time, it was like 4,8**,***

At level 25 you unlock the endurance events, I did the first one today which was a 60 Lap Race at Grand Valley, It takes a little less than 2 hours, at least it did for me. I used my ZR-1 RM and I won by 7 laps, yup 7 laps. Theres no restrictions for cars or tires, so I figured what the hell, I'll use my vette.

If you want to add me, my name is TurdFX4 , same as on here lol

Me and a guy from Ranger-Forums have been trading cars back and forth to get certain races done. He Gave me a car to get the German races done, and I gave him one to do the Historic Races and the GT-All Stars

Last edited by TurdFX4; 12-17-2010 at 07:52 PM.
Old 12-18-2010, 11:15 PM
July 2010 ROTM

well, i beat the dumb like the wind series with my zr1 rm, and got the minolta 88. what a cholo. why couldnt they have given me the 787b? im gonna have to fool with the downforce, toe, camber, gearing, and hopefully get some hp and mystical magical rear wheel grip along the way. still havent beaten all stars or classic race car thing. any ideas? i dont have crazy monies to waste on one dumb vintage race car. i would rather buy cars that actually interest me.

Old 12-19-2010, 06:14 AM

Originally Posted by MBrent
well, i beat the dumb like the wind series with my zr1 rm, and got the minolta 88. what a cholo. why couldnt they have given me the 787b? im gonna have to fool with the downforce, toe, camber, gearing, and hopefully get some hp and mystical magical rear wheel grip along the way. still havent beaten all stars or classic race car thing. any ideas? i dont have crazy monies to waste on one dumb vintage race car. i would rather buy cars that actually interest me.
I bought the 787B for a ridiculous amount of money. I used that to win the like the wind series, I gave that toyota to a friend and he used it to beat the All-Stars. The toyota should be good for you, put the stage 3 turbo on it and you'll be pushing about 100 more HP than the Mazda. Put some soft racing tires on it as well. you dont need to worry about the wear of the tires because the races arent that long. Just make sure you have the skid recovery force and traction control turned on.

I bought the '63 Corvette Z06 Race car for about 763,000 to use in the Historic/Vintage races. It works but you need to watch out for those Chapparral race cars, the ones that look like lego blocks with wheels.

Old 12-19-2010, 10:24 AM
HCF Member

GT All Stars Race is a tricky one. I used the Veyron. I finished 1,1,2,2,4. I got lucky I guess, because in the end I had the same amount of points as another car (400 a piece I think) so I still won gold for the championship. A split 1st place on the podium if you will.

Historic can be done with the '74 Lambo Countach. You need to fully mod it though. I took 2nd place in Deep Forest only because I made mistake and got overtaken on the last lap. Cote D'Azur is even easier as it has a lot of turns and that thing accelerates better than any opponent. You need to be very precise though, one f**k up and you're done. Trick is to get into 1st position on the first turn in both races and take it from there. I almost got it, but I had too many distractions and was too frustrated.

Do this:

Tuning: Transmission at 162mph - You might have to block a little on the straightaway as you'll reach the red line on top of the hill right before breaking point.

Suspension: Height -10F/-10R Spring Rate: 10.5F/12.3R
Camber: +1.9 front / +1.2 rear
Brakes: Front 6/Rear 4
Tires: Racing Soft

Driving Aids: Traction 2
Skid Recovery: On
Active Steering: Mild
ASM: Off
ABS: 1

And don't forget to put a wing on it, it's a must to keep it stable.

It also helps to have the slower cars in front at the begining of race. If you have Chapparal as one of the lead cars, exit and keep trying until you see the Vette, GT40, etc. in front of you.

By the way, this will not work in B Spec as your driver is nowhere near as good and agressive at this you.

As far as Like the Wind, I was lucky enough to trade somewhat hopped up Saleen S7 for an '89 Mercedes Sauber Race Car and it was a breeze.

Old 12-19-2010, 12:41 PM

I sold my Countrash , maybe I shoulda kept it lol.

Old 12-20-2010, 05:20 AM
Laced with Sarcasm

Finally got some decent time in on this game, but still not nearly as far as you dudes.

Thanks for the tip on the Gallardo, I skipped it entirely and went for the SuperVeloce, effing LOVE that car!

I also built the **** out of an STi, then realized there were power restrictions on the rally races :|. Took all the mods off the car, and was good for a few races. Then I changed the oil...and am now 1 god damn horsepower above the limit! *rageface*

Any idea on how to shave 1 hp off of a car that is unmodded? Can I just practice race the snot out of it until the oil is dirty?

Old 12-20-2010, 06:56 AM
HCF Member

whats the diffrence between gran turismo 5 prolouge and gran turismo 5

Old 12-20-2010, 12:11 PM

Originally Posted by Forty04
Finally got some decent time in on this game, but still not nearly as far as you dudes.

Thanks for the tip on the Gallardo, I skipped it entirely and went for the SuperVeloce, effing LOVE that car!

I also built the **** out of an STi, then realized there were power restrictions on the rally races :|. Took all the mods off the car, and was good for a few races. Then I changed the oil...and am now 1 god damn horsepower above the limit! *rageface*

Any idea on how to shave 1 hp off of a car that is unmodded? Can I just practice race the snot out of it until the oil is dirty?
Your car will lose power over time. My ZR-1 RM is rated at 905HP but with all the high-speed races I do with it, it was down as far as 859HP. Just do a couple practice races with it, it'll lose that 1HP

I have 3 rally cars that Im not going to use. Youre going to need 1 for the GT Rally Expert, let me know if you want one of them.
My SN is: TurdFX4

Old 12-20-2010, 12:12 PM

Originally Posted by fo23rat
whats the diffrence between gran turismo 5 prolouge and gran turismo 5
Gran Turismo 5 is the actual game. Do not buy Prologue

Quick Reply: Gran Turismo 5