PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

2002 Honda Civic SI (Miami, FL) - $11,000 OBO

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2008, 09:55 AM
Default 2002 Honda Civic SI (Miami, FL) - $11,000 OBO

*LINK TO PICS AND A VIDEO ARE BELOW!*

Description -
Call 305-219-4834, ask for Ruben
2002 white Honda Civic SI
Clean title (not salvage)
VIN - SHHEP33522U305139
Asking - $11,000 OBO
Miles - 55,666 mostly highway miles, I drive 23 miles back and forth every day to work, 80% of which is highway. (Will be more, I’m still driving to work in it till I fix my truck.)
I change my oil EVERY 3000 miles, and every few gas tanks I use a bottle of Lucas fuel system cleaner. I baby this car; it’s never broken down on me. I get about 26MPG

Mods -
Cold air intake, with KN filter
DC 4-2-1 racing one piece headers (no cat)
Catback Magnaflow dual tip Exhaust (I chose this because it resembled the stock exhaust with the dual tip)
TEIN springs (installed about 7 months ago)
Tokiko shocks and struts all the way around (installed about 7 months ago)

New parts -
Tires, Brand new as of two-three weeks ago. Nitto Nitto NT NeoGen tires, with replacement contract from www.discounttiredirect.com
New brake pads all the way around, and new brake rotors on the rear of the car.
About a year and a half ago, my AC gave out, something happened to the compressor that it sent shards of metal threw out the system, The ENTIRE AC system was replaced, all lines, condenser, dryer, compressor, whatever other parts go in an AC system, the whole thing had to be replaced because if there were any remnants of the damage, it could have spread back threw the system and broke the compressor again.
Brand new Iridium NGK spark plugs, installed about 2 weeks ago.

Exterior -
I am going to try and be as honest as I can while describing the exterior. All the issues were photographed. The exterior is in overall good shape, there are some flaws. The front bumper and hood could use some paint, due to driving daily on the highway. There are many small dings and chips on the hood and bumper from small pebbles and stone that you get on the highway. There is a small crack about 5 inches long right above the driver door handle. The crack was there when I bought the car; I don’t know how it happened. There is also a small dent that looks like someone opened their door into the car in a parking lot on the driver door. There is also a dent on the roof on the rear driver side.

Sound system - All the components to the system were purchased on crutchfield.com except the amps.
Alpine CDA9856 HD radio ready stereo receiver.
--Plays everything except DVD's. mp3, mp4, iPod direct hookup. I purchased this receiver with the intention to later purchase the HD receiver for it, but I never did because I realized I really don’t listen to the radio very much. I had my iPod hooked up to it most of the time. I bought an Alpine KCE-422i iPod cable also on cruchfield.com and ran it to the glove box. You literally hook your iPod up, and control your iPod with the receiver at "full speed".
Speakers - Two sets of Polk audio DB6500 component systems. One in the front and one in the back. They no longer sell them at Crutchfield, but the description is still up, http://www.crutchfield.com/S-WZQH5qk...;search=db6500. These things really blow out your ears when the volume is up. They are 10-100RMS rated. The 4 channel amp is 400w RMS, Rockford Fosgate P4004. The Bass amp is a Rockford Fosgate P3002, which is powering a pair of Kicker CompVR 12" subs in a sealed box. If you wish to pump the wattage up on the subs, you can pour 50-400 watts RMS (200 watts per coil) each, so you can pump up the amp up to a 600W RMS without changing any of the cables. The dual amp installation kit is a Rockford Fosgate CP4DCKS handles up to 1000W. I also have a Kinetics Rapid discharge car battery, I have a 5 farad Capacitor that I never installed because I didn’t see it necessary, its going with the car, it is still brand new in the box, and matches the styling of the amps. Here is a link to the cap so you can see what it looks like. http://www.zalmar.com/detail-CarElec...o-PLCAP50R.htm
If I missed anything, feel free to ask me.
Grand tally -
Subs - $150x2 = $300
Amp 1 - $150
Amp 2 - $200
Cables - $150
IPod cable - $30
Receiver - $300
Comp Sys - $200x2 = $400
Box - $100
Total= $1,630

Why i'm selling the car -
I’m selling this car because I have been offered a new position in which I would be required to drive into a rock quarry every day for the company I work for, If I were to keep this car I would destroy it. I bought a ford ranger that I will be using to work, and I can’t afford to keep both vehicles. I’m keeping the full complete system in the car because one, the component system would be useless without an amp, and two, I understand the car could use some paint in the front end, so I left the system in. If there is anything I left out, do not hesitate to ask me. My email is sixdstoxik@yahoo.com, my phone number is (305)219-4834, call me any time from 7: AM-9PM M-F, 12-11PM S-SN. I check my email several times a day, and check my messages whenever I have one. If I do not answer, please leave a message, I WILL get back to you ASAP.

Links to pics and a video of the car are here:

http://s292.photobucket.com/albums/m...%20for%20sale/(Pics)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0eeRAAusk5s(Video)

Old 05-01-2008, 03:29 AM
Default RE: 2002 Honda Civic SI (Miami, FL) - $11,000 OBO

Forgot something,
There was a camber kit installed in the rear in order to achieve even cambe after the drop. The car was alligned my miami chasis about 6 months ago or so.

Old 05-08-2008, 06:46 AM

Bump, still available.

Old 05-14-2008, 03:18 AM

[:@]OK, I posted this car on ebay for 7 days and had nonstop calls and people coming to see the car. Out of the 4 people that said they wanted the car, one of them brought me a cashiers check from a bank in Naples that i would not accept till it cleared, so he drove his happy *** back to naples without a car, another one wanted me to take the entire system out of the car for a discount on the price, we agreed on 10k, plus the price of removing the ****, after back and forth conversation for a week including about 20 phone calls to westpalm beach, she stopped calling too... im not going to chase people around to sell my car. And another kid ended up not taking it because his him and his momy got in a fight and she wasent buying him a car anymore........ SO... I am reducing the price. Before i start getting offers for less than the price its being set to now, know that i am not letting the car go for anything less, i know what the car is worth, and with a bi of patience i can sell it no problem. The price is reduced to $10,000. I originally posted it at 11k OBO because i figured people were going to offer me 10k, which is what i would have accepted. Since then ive recieved 3 offers for 10.5k that fell threw, and 3 for 10.25k that fell threw in person because of the reasons above. If you can provide either a cashiers check from a major bank that i can go deposit on the spot WITH THE BUYER at the bank, or cash money, in which case we will also go to the nearest bank to varify authenticity for $10,000, the car is yours. I have a bill of sale printed out and ready to be filled out, and i have the title in hand also.