PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

91 Civic Hatch FS w/ upgrades, for project, cheap, Long Island

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2005, 06:35 PM
Default 91 Civic Hatch FS w/ upgrades, for project, cheap, Long Island

The car in question is a 91 EF Hatch, D15B2, four speed manual. The body is in good condition except for the hood, it's rolling on 'turbine' style 14 inch alloys off of a 90 Integra with 195/60/R14s. While the car runs, it's running on three cylinders - a motor swap is necessary. I could likely get it as far as the Nassau/Queens border but wouldn't think it wise to go much further, the closer the better actually.

With the car you'll get the spindles, front lower control arms, brakes, master cylinder, swaybars, front shocks/springs, fans, and double-row radiator from a 90 Integra. The radiator is a bolt-in upgrade for the EF chassis, the stock fans bolt right up and it uses the same mounting points. All of the other parts are larger and beefier parts suitable for upgrading the hatch (2100lb car vs a 2500-2600lb car). Add a ZC swap and some springs and shocks and you're good to go. I'll throw in a 3A Racing dual-canister stainless muffler as well. Unfortunately, the car's engine went right after I acquired these parts and I don't have the workspace necessary for a motor swap right now - by the time I saved up for the ZC, it'd easily be December. An engine swap, outside, middle of winter? You can if you want to, but I'll pass.

I really wish I could build this car, but I have to be honest with myself at the same time: I'm simply too poor for a project car. I can use this money to put towards a more mundane car that wouldn't have the lure of easy mods and 'cheap' hop-up parts. Time for a Volvo, or something similiar. Boring. Automatic (likely). Slow (no tickets).

With everything included, I'm asking for 400 bucks. I'll drive it to your house, if you're in Suffolk or Nassau, and you can drop me at a rail station afterward or whatever other arrangements I can make for a ride back. The parts alone, if bought individually, would likely add up to 400 bucks, and you get the car for free! Look at it however you want to, it's a good deal on a good project.

email mabusonline@yahoo.com if you're interested. The car is in Patchogue. I have the headlights and mirrors from the Integra as well if anyone wants to make an offer.