Private 'Wanted' Classifieds Looking for something? Tell us!

Wanted 99 Civic front bumper (and, real bumper)

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2007, 12:25 PM
Default Wanted 99 Civic front bumper (and, real bumper)

Hi, All

I need a99' civic front bumper (Silver color)(if you havea rear bumper as well, I ammore than welcome to buythem together.)
If youhave, or your friends have and willing to sell those, please help me out little bit. I am almost devastated.

My long story about the car is,
I bought a modified civic last year froma friend. He already is gone back to his hometown.
My car looks like the one from 'Fast and Furious' (I am sure you allaware how my car looks like.=))
As a first car owner and being a girl,I must say thatit is really hard to manage the modified car. Lastmonth, I had to change myfront tires of 18 inches wheel. At that time, I found out that 18 inches tire is veryrare on stock. And, It's even moreexpensive!!So I thought it is better to change my modified civic to regular one. So I tried to change my wheelsfirst as original one. But,instead of the original civicwheels,I bought 16 incheswheels for 01' civic Sifrom ebay. One of my friend whoknows well about cars, he recommended to buy the one. (It does fit in my '99 Civic DX.) But, later that,I tookthem to DOBB's tire shop and they said it's okay to changemy wheels but I also need to change struts(springs and shocks). Andthe estimated price to do that is over 1,000dollars. I donot have that much money. So I stuck on the 18 inches wheels by ordering 18 inches tires.

Now, I face theother problem. Front bumper. (as well as real one)
after the heavy snow,Idrove my car to go to church. On the way back home, my very low front bumper fell down because it didn't resist the weight of snow. the customarized bumper was completely has torn so I throwed away already. Now, my car looks like something which doesn't have teeth or jaws =(

So I tried to buy a new one, but it was 169 bucks in honda dealershop(even its a primed one. *black color so it needed to paint it.) I searched junk yards, local body shops, by online and offline. I think I made a phone call like more than50 times to find a cheaper price, better deal.

One shop asks me to pay $800 for everything (painting andput it in to my car). So I called to other friend and ask if he can put thebumper by himself.he said he can.) Cheapest one that I found is those: Estimated painting price is $250. andAftermarket bumper price is about $80. ($50 by online order) That's what I got.

Fromnow on, all I need to do is findthe bumper and ask him to put it in my car. However, it's hard to find a used one. and I am not sure if I find good deal or not.

I am sure you guys are expert. know much more knowledge about my situation. I would like to get any information if you think I need to do it. Or, if you have silver color front bumper. please consider this message that there is one girl who is eager to get it a.s.a.p. Thank you for your consideration. I hope you always have a good day.

Thanks,

Seojin