Private 'Wanted' Classifieds Looking for something? Tell us!

wanted but no rush

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2009, 07:06 PM
HCF Member
Default wanted but no rush

I have a kid so I am a broke joker, I have this small list like I believe a lot of us do... so if you have these things laying around let me know and I will see what I can do...

96-98 Drivers side power mirror (painted black)~purchased
shift boot nothing ricey
shift **** nothing ricey
passenger door handle trim dark grey (interior)~purchased
oem factory spoiler (black)
oem honda floor mats
instrument cluster or just the needles mine look freakin wierd~purchased
would like to do rear disc conversion
short shifter
eibach pro kit
GC shocks
DC Header
Turbo (small boost)

I think thats pretty much it... PM me if you have any of this stuff and maybe we can work something out... Zip is 75002

Please bump for looking

Last edited by chasemclemore; 05-18-2009 at 08:49 AM.
Old 04-23-2009, 08:44 AM

Just wondering, what's the point of buying a header, when a turbo kit will simply replace it anyways in the future? That's the mistake I made. I'm just trying to save you some money and hassle of trying to-sell the DC header/buying another mani.-once your ready for turbo.

Old 04-23-2009, 10:05 AM
HCF Member
Red face

Originally Posted by cvcrcr99
Just wondering, what's the point of buying a header, when a turbo kit will simply replace it anyways in the future? That's the mistake I made. I'm just trying to save you some money and hassle of trying to-sell the DC header/buying another mani.-once your ready for turbo.
I thought the same thing and I thank you for the consideration, but there is a method to my madness. I intend to get another Y8 longblock to build while my car still has this one in it so there is no rush to jump to turbo right now. I am trying to locate one with a bad rod or spun bearing and rebuild for turbo from the ground up... its just a hobby I really dont ever intend on getting rid of the car, especially because of all the money I have dumped into it. So when the day comes when my installed y8 craps out I will have the other motor ready to drop in. So instead of being like "my motor just blew SH@T!" I can be like " YES! my motor just blew!" so the answer to your question is that I just want to juice up my motor (non-turbo) until the time comes, but I want to collect as many pieces in the process prior to the death of my y8...

Last edited by chasemclemore; 04-23-2009 at 10:12 AM.
Old 04-23-2009, 10:46 AM
Recognized HCF Member

well as to the clusters needles... they are not replaceable... they will snap off and the gauges will be junk.... so either replace or deal with the needles...
if you want to just clean them up then i would suggest getting a small can of white spray paint anda roll of painters tape... tape up all around the gauges and leave only the needles not taped up. and be sure everything is taped up good and use some alchol or something to clean the needles with a cuetip, let it dry and then just spray the needles with white paint or your choice of color.... and let the paint dry good for about an hour before you remove the tape and be carefull when pulling the tape off. just remember those needles break very easily!

Old 04-23-2009, 10:59 AM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by addiction2bass
well as to the clusters needles... they are not replaceable... they will snap off and the gauges will be junk.... so either replace or deal with the needles...
if you want to just clean them up then i would suggest getting a small can of white spray paint anda roll of painters tape... tape up all around the gauges and leave only the needles not taped up. and be sure everything is taped up good and use some alchol or something to clean the needles with a cuetip, let it dry and then just spray the needles with white paint or your choice of color.... and let the paint dry good for about an hour before you remove the tape and be carefull when pulling the tape off. just remember those needles break very easily!
REALLY?! The needles arent removable? How in the heck do you put glo gauges on these then? When I had my stang I had to pop them out and recalibrate with the key in the ON position where all gauges would be at zero except for battery which was not going to be zero and fuel which was not going to be zero... (took a picture before removal) I will probably do the tape and spray method you mentioned but was just curious if I decided to go glow in the future... btw mine are some kind of red/white crap mixture, almost looks like they were painted before... or is this normal?

Old 04-23-2009, 11:06 AM
Recognized HCF Member

you can put the glow gauges on but its very hard for a EX cluster ebcause of the 2 needles for the gas and temp on the same section. you slide the gauges over the needles which is very touch and go and many people end up breaking needles on them and having to buy new gauges!
but someone could have tried to paint the needles before, but they should be white....
they probably tried to make them look like the SI gauges... painting the needles red and just going a bad job painting them
http://i2.ebayimg.com/03/i/04/48/59/68_1_b.JPG
http://i9.ebayimg.com/04/i/001/42/f8/ea77_1.JPG

Old 04-23-2009, 11:18 AM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by addiction2bass
you can put the glow gauges on but its very hard for a EX cluster ebcause of the 2 needles for the gas and temp on the same section. you slide the gauges over the needles which is very touch and go and many people end up breaking needles on them and having to buy new gauges!
but someone could have tried to paint the needles before, but they should be white....
they probably tried to make them look like the SI gauges... painting the needles red and just going a bad job painting them
http://i2.ebayimg.com/03/i/04/48/59/68_1_b.JPG
http://i9.ebayimg.com/04/i/001/42/f8/ea77_1.JPG
Yea you are right, I see what they tried to do now and they sucked at it big time, when I get home Ill post pics! Hmmm... my gauges seem really dim at the brightest setting, is there anyway to mod it to light up better? Kinda hard to see them at night... but they are lit up... I need to look maybe there is a bulb out somewhere... I believe that glo gauges may give the ricey look to this car... and trying to avoid that at all costs... spent too much time and money into de-ricing it.

Last edited by chasemclemore; 04-23-2009 at 11:24 AM.
Old 04-23-2009, 03:26 PM
Recognized HCF Member

check out my DIY to give em brighter
https://www.hondacivicforum.com/foru...ad.php?t=45573
i also hated how dim they where and didnt want white overlays.

Old 04-25-2009, 12:32 PM
HCF Member

I have a rear disc conversion I'm wanting to sale. Shipping might be ridiculous on it because I live in AL. PM me if you are interested b/c I don't post on here very much any more.

Old 05-12-2009, 04:40 PM
HCF Member

I have a skunk2 short shifter i dont need anymore. NIB

Quick Reply: wanted but no rush