Default Tampa Bay. Fl Area

anybody from around here

Old 02-14-2007, 03:21 PM
Default RE: Tampa Bay. Fl Area

i am from tampa i live by town and country

Old 02-27-2007, 12:47 AM
HCF Member

Im in the Tampa Area. Usually around the Brandon or Riverview area.

Old 03-01-2007, 08:51 PM
HCF Member

i live down from the citrus park mall. do any of you guys know any good import mechanic shops around tampa? i know of Racing Zone off of Cypress. i brand new to this site, i becamea member a couple of days ago. a couple of my question i have had so far are that Im having problem with my 00 civic. i bought the lowering kit from tokico. shocks and springs. the blue shocks are the hp series and it came with tokico red springs. the drop is suppose to be a 1.4 drop but my problem is that the front end of the car looks the same maybe a little higher and the back drop way more than 1.4 i can put three finger between the tire and wheel well lip in the front and only one in the back. plus i cant drive the car without the rear hitting the rear wheel well lip whenever i accelerate hard or taking a turn. i also install a camber kit on all four shocks and had the car alignment done. i have after market tires and rims on the car 17" tire size 205/40r17. i had to put back on the factory rims back on the rear so i can drive the car till i get it fix. i called tokico and the tec told me to take the camber kit off. that i dont need it with that small of a drop. is that true. any suggestion on how i can fix this problem...also i have upgraded the following...aem cold air intake, dc sport headers, greddy evo exhaust, aem adjustable cam gear with a 1 degree above stock stetting, and hks wires. the car has 125,000 miles on it now. the problem im having is after the car has warmed up the idle is very low. it will fluctuate 500 and below and almost shuts off but doesnt. but when im braking in stop and go traffic the idle drops more. even when the ac is on the idle still does the same. i have had the iacv replace do to it being clogged. could it be do the cam gear? but im also having problems in smooth accelerating. the car sometimes will putter and there may be a delay sometimes. i wanted to upgrade the fuel pump, fuel rail, and regulator...I may go with aem. also i wanted to upgrade my plugs, cap and rotor...maybe even get a msd igition setup to help with spark. am i on the right idea of fixing any of my problems that i am having with my car? any feed is greatly appreciated...thank you

Old 08-16-2007, 09:44 PM
HCF Member

si johnny, looks like you like beer. ever go to the tampa bay brewing co? i might head over there at some point over the next month or two. i'm outside of tampa about 30 min north.

Old 10-03-2007, 06:27 PM
HCF Member

I live in bloomingdale near tampa

Old 01-08-2008, 06:19 PM

I am in St Pete and would like to see us do a get-togather sometime