South West AZ, TX, NM, OK

Shops in Austin, TX

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2005, 02:31 PM
Default Shops in Austin, TX

Hard times finding a quality custom performance shop for my 99Prelude here in ATX. If anyone can point one good one out let me know, it seems like you got to go to one to many small boring shops to get your car modified.

Old 12-01-2005, 11:49 AM
Default RE: Shops in Austin, TX

I came up with a set of question, please feel free to answer to anyone who is interested!

1)Is Austin, TX missing out on the Custom Auto Scene?

2)Would you visit a custom shop that gives you a true sensation that you’re in a SEMA auto show more than your typical small mom and dad shop?

3)Would you prefer to visit a store with the actual product in-house or a store that needs to place an order for you half of the time?

4)Would you prefer to see interactive stations informing you the customer about the product in a fun way instead of just seeing the product hanging from a wall (boring way)?

5)Engine modifications, Exhaust Modifications, Car Body Modifications, Wheel & Tires, Audio/Electronics, Window Tinting, Alarm Setup, Dyno testing, Car detailing, Showroom, Interactive stations, would any of these services attract you to the store?

6)What would attract you to visit an Auto Custom Shop?

7)Do you believe the showroom display of a nice showroom car will attract you to visit the store?

8)Do you believe interactive stations and more information about the product will make you more interested in visiting the store?

9)Why would you modify your car?

10)What would be your first modification if you where to do one today?

11)Would you drive from other nearby towns to see a unique custom auto store? Or do you prefer to keep going to you nearest shop?

Old 12-26-2005, 11:22 PM

have you ever heard on annihilator customs they are in austin texas

Old 01-18-2006, 09:38 AM

I have never heard of them, but they are not that good if there web page is down half of the times. Austin has very few and small shops. I have yet to see a store where multiple things can be done. I am still on the works of a plan to bring this to Austin. Any and all advices, comments are welcome. The more feedback I get on what people look for in a customs shop the better the shop I can bring taking in cosideration what cars fans are really looking for.