Suspension, Brakes, Tires & Wheels Talk about your suspension, tires, wheels and brakes within.

91 civic brakes

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2007, 07:58 PM
HCF Member
Default 91 civic brakes

I need some help, I sold my 91 and I want to change the brakes before I give it to the guy....

I know its not to difficult a task, so I wanna try it myself. anybody know where I can find a walk through?

I cant find a haynes manual for the year of the car and every time I search the web for it, I get junk posts

Old 03-13-2007, 01:16 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: 91 civic brakes

If you would post it earlier like last week, I would of walk u thru it .... i just change the front brakes and rotors, it shouldn't take you no more than 1/2 hour for both.. takes me1/2 hour forboth side (pad & rotor)
Tool needed:
12mm socket/wrench
Big Channel Lockor C-clamp

well.. have the car on jackstand or like me lazy.. i just got a floor jack in the middle..(just dont' crawl underneath if do.. not recommended.. lol
Take off da wheel, put yo ignition key to acc.. so u can turn the wheel when da car is up.. open yo brake fluid cap (master cylinder)
Use a 12mm wrench/sock and loosen the bottom bolt on yo brake caliper (take out the bolt) and flip upward for it to openand u can now take out the brake pad, pull outward from the bottom on the pad.
So now if you use the channel lock to clamp on the brake piston, slowly press it back into place (do it slow), until it flush (u will see your brake fluid rise up in the reservoir.
Install in reverse, and don't forget to pump your brake after u done (before u drive the car)