Suspension, Brakes, Tires & Wheels Talk about your suspension, tires, wheels and brakes within.

Airbag Suspension

Old 02-22-2007, 04:20 AM
Default Airbag Suspension

Im suprised its not a hot topic on everyone lips. Or maybe its just a aussie thing. Airbag suspension. Does anyone have it? I've been looking at it. Sounds good, having a low rider, that you can jack up on the move over speed bumps, and lift a wheel of the ground on roundabouts. If anyones got it, Im dieing to know about it. There is a lack of reviews about it and I dont want to commit $3000 into a dud suspension system.

Old 02-22-2007, 08:33 AM
mxs
HCF Member
Default RE: Airbag Suspension

talk to Absoulute, he's the airbag guru around here!

Old 02-22-2007, 10:08 PM
HCF Member

i know that air ride technologies is the #1 leader in bags. i have never heard anything bad about them.

Old 02-23-2007, 06:32 PM

I wouldnt mind having some air bags but I just cant find a real reason to spend that much on something that just lowers and highers your car.

Old 02-23-2007, 06:33 PM

NO BAGS!!! PLEASE

You will make me cry.

Old 02-23-2007, 06:48 PM

I think air technologies just came out with a tuner air suspension for racing...not sure though...but i remember someone coming out with something like that..

My buddy had airbags in his s10, they were fun but i was hard to get a decent ride without bouncing alot and being to stiff.

Heres a pic of it sitting on the frame.

[IMG]local://upfiles/8326/7A2E73A5F0B24BA2BEEB31196340E821.jpg[/IMG]

Old 02-23-2007, 07:58 PM

first off if u have a civic u will never get bags on them plus bags blow alot with alot of pressure.
they do carry for civics air strut kinda like a bag doesn't let u lay low enough and takes alot of air to fill
then they have air rods (i have) takes little air to fill and doesn't blow up as often since its metal not rubber.

me personally would never buy a kit that is sold in mags or internet.

me and my friends we piece together kits so the valves don't have snap fittings they have compression fittings we don't use compressors and air tanks, we use a closed system with nitrogen being the source yea u have to exchange them but not as bad as everyone thinks. we use all brass fittings and compression line usually 1/2 won't hop but will move fast. the valves we use are 300psi from car washes......

air ride is awesome but i wouldn't suggest it for everyday cars in cold air the valves will freeze and are easier to break...

any q's let me know

Old 02-23-2007, 08:02 PM

ORIGINAL: Jaycivic

I wouldnt mind having some air bags but I just cant find a real reason to spend that much on something that just lowers and highers your car.
local car shows and everyone at the show is around your car while u bounce the heck out of it.
2. my favorite scareing old people pull up at a red light and slam it down the faces alone are worth it
3. the look of your ride on the ground is great
4. an park ride for free everytime u turn the key
5. drivin down the road all slanted and seeing all the peoples faces like what the f...

its not for everyone but if u were or ever liked low riders then its for u (still want to build me a 64 with juice)

Old 02-23-2007, 09:25 PM
HCF Member

i agree im totally into the whole air thing. and yes it is air ride tech. that came out with the tuner air struts for a civic. its a real nice system and actually helps the handling and performance as well. i have watched a few shows on it. i was looking into it and its around $4000 installed .WOW

Old 03-18-2007, 06:58 AM

Sorry to dig up an old thread. Im really keen but I know nothing. Opinions please:
http://airbagit-store.com/product.as...p&ID=99393
Is this what I want? Will this give me the ability to raise and drop my car as well as give me a nice ride, and not a bouncy ride? Am I missing anything fundemental that will cost alot ontop of this? What about drop times? Any idea what times this would get of estimate?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Airbag Suspension