Suspension, Brakes, Tires & Wheels Talk about your suspension, tires, wheels and brakes within.

Bad axels, apparently

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2007, 04:48 PM
HCF Member
Default Bad axels, apparently

Well, after encountering a hell of a shake in my new rims, I took the car to a local shop that i know and trust, and the guys, other then slamming my damn yellow drums and calipers, told me I had a egg shaped tire *shake*, but needed new axels in the next 2-3 months.

Anyone ever replace them, or have a spare set somewhere? I don't know alot about them myself, I really hate to break the bank buying new crap. I am kinda angry about this tire also, but I got them for 60 bucks each, i guess thats awesome for this sort of tire. I wonder if i could call the company and get them to send another to replace it with?

Old 01-30-2007, 03:51 PM
Default RE: Bad axels, apparently

if u need a DIY on axel replacement, leme kno. i wrote up a DIY but Patrick hasnt posted it or w/e. i could PM it to u and if u have any questions, dont be afraid to ask.

Old 01-30-2007, 05:19 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Bad axels, apparently

Replacing CV axels is not really as bad as it sounds. That is the first thing I had to do when I got my civic. And you dont want to buy "used" ones unless its temporary. Just go ahead and buy brand new because they will last you a lot longer and you know they are in good shape. If you buy used then you never know when you will need new ones. Replacing them is just a matter of taking apart some of your front suspension and swapping the axels then putting it all back together. Im 16 and the only trouble I had with the whole process is getting the wrong CV axels. My civic is not ABS, and I bought non-ABS axels but they wouldnt fit. I took it back and got ABS axels and they fit! And my car is not ABS. Other than that little thing it was fairly easy.