Suspension, Brakes, Tires & Wheels Talk about your suspension, tires, wheels and brakes within.

Bagged questions!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2005, 12:51 AM
HCF Member
Default Bagged questions!!

Ok i have a 00 civic and i have decided to go another way than the normal coilovers or droppin it! i want to bag it or i heard something about these new air struts? havent seen them yet. but does anybody know a good place to order a kit that i can drop it to the ground and still have the travel to bring it back to stock or maybe even higher! my civic is a EX but soon to have a B18c1 if everything goes well! so let me know plz...ty

Old 04-07-2005, 11:56 AM
Default RE: Bagged questions!!

o god.. POP

Old 04-08-2005, 02:58 PM

If you're going for a performance-oriented car (which it sounds like if you're looking to shell out for a C1 swap) stay away from air suspension.

Old 04-08-2005, 05:02 PM
HCF Member

like he said......but if your intentions are baggind it i recomend air cylinders. there way more responsive, less likely to pop(internally o-ring sealed), and just as easy to install.

Old 04-08-2005, 08:44 PM

i wouldn't order a kit out of a mag either i agree air cylinders are better .....after u do this mod make sure u have another ride..if u want performance i would not do this due to the huge body roll in corners..it almost feels like a caddy has alot of travel but if u are doin it for show then its alot of fun...there is a place in new york that is great with air suspensions called dreammakers 6077546674 and jus talk to them if u want a slow suspension with compressors or bigger valves all different ways u can do it

Old 04-08-2005, 09:43 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: absoulute

i wouldn't order a kit out of a mag either i agree air cylinders are better .....after u do this mod make sure u have another ride..if u want performance i would not do this due to the huge body roll in corners..it almost feels like a caddy has alot of travel but if u are doin it for show then its alot of fun...there is a place in new york that is great with air suspensions called dreammakers 6077546674 and jus talk to them if u want a slow suspension with compressors or bigger valves all different ways u can do it

we order our kits through CCE, which you can also order the same kit through a magazine. as far as body roll, its not really that bad with cylinders as compared to bags. the worst part about cylinders is the ride will feel like a set of cut factory springs.

Old 04-09-2005, 07:01 PM

But they still don't compare to real suspension.

Old 04-09-2005, 08:28 PM
HCF Member

i agree with kappa. stay away from bags if you are going for serious performance. the last thing you want is a bag to bust at wot. BUT. if you HAVE to do it, dnx makes a system that you are talking about. don't know much about it since that is not my thing. shoul check out their website or something. imo you should go with a performance suspension. you can still get the same drop without comprimising your ride. just my opinion though. good luck!

Old 04-11-2005, 02:51 AM
HCF Member

Yeah i am not goin for performance as much as the fun factor and a head turner!! I have a 97 trans am for the performance thing!!! and it would take too much money for me to make my civic anywhere close to my T/A!! i just want something that i can have fun with and that is goin to be dependable....and yes i am shelling out the money for the b18c1 swap but i got a pretty good deal on it and it will help my resale value....you would be suprised of how much you can get outta a modded car to new airman coming into the air force with that sign on bonus!! lol

Old 04-11-2005, 08:35 PM

Well, if you're going to do the C1 swap, you should seriously consider building your Civic for performance. A couple grand on that engine, and it'll walk your Trans Am like it ain't no thing.

Quick Reply: Bagged questions!!