Suspension, Brakes, Tires & Wheels Talk about your suspension, tires, wheels and brakes within.

Bigger Brakes?

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2006, 04:54 PM
Default Bigger Brakes?

im looking in2 getting bigger discs on the front and possibley on the back but i aint in2 paying out for an aftermarket kit. are there any straight swaps of discs and/or calipers from another car? or if not can u recomend any aftermarket kits?

Old 09-06-2006, 05:06 PM
Cat Fuсker
Default RE: Bigger Brakes?

acura intergra brakes will bolt right up...you'll need the knuckles and all the other good stuff

Old 09-07-2006, 01:21 AM

ideal iv got a 95 1.6 esi, what year integra brakes do i need and what parts will i need for the change over? are they much bigger than stock? and do they fit front and back? thx for ya help

Old 09-07-2006, 08:31 AM
HCF Member

I doubt very much that you will be able to use integra brakes as the only uk integra we got was the type-r. Yes they're are jdm integras knocking about over here so they must need parts but they are very rare.
Maybe the brakes are the same as thats fited to a eg civic 4 door vti with the B18 in, but I dont know for certain.
I know prelude vti brakes can go on but nobody on here seems to know about that swap. Other than that get some black diamond discs and pads.

Old 09-07-2006, 09:06 AM
Cat Fuсker

actually, the type-r set-up is perfect if you also want 5-lug's....94-01 intergras in the US...I'm sure they were the same over at your place

Old 09-07-2006, 01:40 PM
HCF Member

Yeah and good luck finding ITR brakes as there was only a limited number of cars made and most are still on the road driving round. you good buy them from a dealer but that would be ££££ and stupid.
CTR is a different case as we have thosands of them and lots get crashed. I believe they need quite a bit of work to make them fit an EG though.

Old 09-07-2006, 01:41 PM
Cat Fuсker

ummm, why? Do they have a different suspension set up? All civics here are the same suspension wise as far as I know.

Old 09-07-2006, 01:54 PM
HCF Member

A guy I know who had an eg vti bought all the gear from a CTR and ran into all sorts of problems, It was never completed as he wrote off the car.
All I know is that it wasnt that simple, I think he said you could get the discs drilled to fit the standard 4 lug hubs, but I cant comment on that as it was never completed.

Old 09-07-2006, 03:14 PM
HCF Member

i'm pretty sure that to get it all to bolt together right you have to basically get the whole rear end off the type R just because the parts are completely different and you need to get them all. the 5-lug pattern is where it starts and then from there in its all just a different rear. not 100% on that tho.

Old 09-10-2006, 09:42 AM

sorry new 2 all this. CTR ITR???
this sounds like a pretty complicated swap. think il jus go for a decent aftermarketdisc n pad.

Quick Reply: Bigger Brakes?