Suspension, Brakes, Tires & Wheels Talk about your suspension, tires, wheels and brakes within.

Brake Pads

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2011, 06:26 PM
Default Brake Pads

I wanted to get blue brake pads and disc's. Any suggestions as to where i should get them.

I was also wondering if I can spray paint my stock ones... Might sound dumb but i know a few people who did it and it turned out pretty good. What do you guys think?

Old 03-08-2011, 07:33 PM
HCF Member

Blue brake pads?

My recommendation on brakes:
-OEM pads
-Napa/O'Reilly/Advanced Auto/etc. rotors

Oem pads are your best bet, very good stopping power and good balance between braking, brake dust, and very quiet. And rotors aren't a big deal, just a disc of steel, no need to spend big bucks at the dealership for oem rotors, Napa rotors are like $20 a piece for a Civic.

One of our service writers the dealership I work for autocrosses his S2k, he runs stock pads... and he has won nationals with many cars the he has owned, no need for any special pads unless you plan on doing some extreme road racing or something.

Old 03-09-2011, 08:33 AM

Originally Posted by shahabr
I wanted to get blue brake pads and disc's. Any suggestions as to where i should get them.

I was also wondering if I can spray paint my stock ones... Might sound dumb but i know a few people who did it and it turned out pretty good. What do you guys think?
Do you mean just painting the calipers and drums? Don't paint the actual brake pad, that's stupid. Definitely don't paint the actual brake disk, again that's stupid. Go to your local auto parts store and buy same brake caliper paint. Some come in cans that you apply using a paint brush. For the drums, you can use high-temp spray paint. Just be sure to thoroughly clean/sand the surfaces. I'd recommend picking up some brake cleaner while you're at the store..