Suspension, Brakes, Tires & Wheels Talk about your suspension, tires, wheels and brakes within.

Camber Kit

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2009, 12:10 PM
Thumbs down Camber Kit

HELP.I need to buy a camber kit for my 03 honda civic its a 1.6 vtec (Ep2) I have seen a few on the internet but not sure which is the correct 1 for my car and if you can suggest where to get the parts that would help alot.Thank you!!

Old 08-12-2009, 01:12 PM
Snail'n Admin

thmotorsports has been having a fairly good sale on lately. Umm you dont technically need a camber kit. Toe kills tires, which can be fixed with an alignment

Old 08-12-2009, 01:12 PM
Snail'n Admin

what kind of drop do you have?

Old 08-13-2009, 03:40 PM

I have the car lowered 40mm but a few people have mentioned to me that it looks really bad and very dangerous so i ws told to get an adjustable camber but im not sure which 1 is correct.i also had the car aligned but didnt help much.thanks for the feedback so far

Old 08-13-2009, 04:58 PM

Originally Posted by Bright_Eyes1987
a few people have mentioned to me that it looks really bad and very dangerous so i ws told to get an adjustable camber but im not sure which 1 is correct.i also had the car aligned but didnt help much.thanks for the feedback so far
A. Who are the "few people" who say it looks really bad/dangerous? Do they know anything about cars? Could you post up a pic of what they deem unsafe?

B. As greddyCivic said, Camber will not eat tires away, toe will. Google camber, toe, and caster and you'll see what each one means. Again, as greddy said, toe is corrected during an alignment.

C. If you want a camber kit, that's fine. Check out something like this....
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/OBX-F...0.l1116....... or check out the site greddycivic mentioned above.

Old 08-14-2009, 01:23 PM

aw well im from letterkenny and i went in to a place called ulster tires thy do wheel alignment etc and he did that for me an sed u hav a bad lean to the wheels but i know it is worse than most civics after being lowered.i dont want to have to buy it but it seems it will shut people up talking about my car.

Old 08-14-2009, 08:30 PM
HCF Member

actually Camber and toe both lead to premature tire wear. its caster that doesnt do anything to the tires. toe is the main thing that will eat tires but if your camber is bad enough and say leaning in as is the case for most lowered cars it will cause the inside patch of tire to wear out faster than the outside due to the contact patch. if you are lowered i would suggest a kit. i know that i have aligned several friends cars that are using the ebay kits and they work just fine. and they are usually only about $80 for the fronts which is the upper control arm with the adjustable ball joint. give that a shot.

Old 08-17-2009, 04:28 PM
Super Cereal Admin

slammedEF:
photoshoot2.jpg?t=1250554995
Approximately a 3" drop up front and 3.5" in back.
Three degrees of negative camber.
Toe set back to factory specifications.
No premature or uneven tire wear in the year and a half (~7k miles) I had the car dropped like that before I sold it. Yeah, camber wears tires so horribly bad.

Caster doesn't create noticeable tire wear. Mild to moderate camber angles don't create noticeable tire wear. Moderate camber angles will shave a few hundred to a thousand miles off the tire wear. Running over- or under-inflated tires will kill tires faster than moderate camber angles. Toe and excessive camber are what make you go through tires quickly. From what I've seen so far, the excessive camber line begins around -3.5 to -4.0 degrees of camber. And don't bother arguing either. You're not the only one around here that's experienced in alignment angles and has done alignments

Old 08-17-2009, 08:46 PM
HCF Member

i never claimed that i was the only one who has ever done an alignment i was just correcting the post 2 above mine that says "B. As greddyCivic said, Camber will not eat tires away, toe will. Google camber, toe, and caster and you'll see what each one means. Again, as greddy said, toe is corrected during an alignment" and that statement was not correct. because if you have done alignments you then know that camber CAN wear tires. im hgappy that it didnt wear yours in a year but on my drop i have already started wearing mine a little bc i dont have a camber kit on it yet.
i didnt give my input on this tipic to debate about it i am just stating facts. and the OP didnt even ask what caused tires to wear all they wanted to know is where to get a decent camber kit. so all i did was tell him then correct a previous post. and it even says in that post google camber, and when you do it gives you a link to wikipedia. check that out then get back to me.

again not trying to be a dick just trying to answer a question.

Old 08-19-2009, 03:39 PM
Super Cereal Admin

Originally Posted by slammedEF
i never claimed that i was the only one who has ever done an alignment i was just correcting the post 2 above mine that says "B. As greddyCivic said, Camber will not eat tires away, toe will. Google camber, toe, and caster and you'll see what each one means. Again, as greddy said, toe is corrected during an alignment" and that statement was not correct. because if you have done alignments you then know that camber CAN wear tires. im hgappy that it didnt wear yours in a year but on my drop i have already started wearing mine a little bc i dont have a camber kit on it yet.
i didnt give my input on this tipic to debate about it i am just stating facts. and the OP didnt even ask what caused tires to wear all they wanted to know is where to get a decent camber kit. so all i did was tell him then correct a previous post. and it even says in that post google camber, and when you do it gives you a link to wikipedia. check that out then get back to me.

again not trying to be a dick just trying to answer a question.
Did you even read the paragraph I typed? Or just the few lines under the picture? The way you worded it, it sounded like you were telling him any amount of negative camber at all will kill tires, which just isn't true. Factory specs, the manufacturer's specifications to get the best handling and tire longevity from the factory suspension, almost always go into slightly negative camber angles.

Oh, and next time you're not trying to sound like a dick, I'd recommend you leave this part out:

Originally Posted by slammedEF
link to wikipedia. check that out then get back to me.

Quick Reply: Camber Kit