Suspension, Brakes, Tires & Wheels Talk about your suspension, tires, wheels and brakes within.

Car Swaying When turning

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2005, 01:34 AM
Default Car Swaying When turning

When i turn sharp or pull coners a little faster, the car leans to one side or the other. I know it's not bad shocks, I replaced them less than a few months ago. Does a sway bar solve this problem. also, I want to stiffen my suspension, but i don't want to change my shocks, they're brand new, and I don't want it lowered or anything. I want the ride height to stay the same, just stiffer suspension. any help or ideas?! Thanks to all!!!!

Old 01-22-2005, 02:06 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: Car Swaying When turning

you said it. sway bars.

Old 01-22-2005, 10:28 AM

and strut bars

Old 01-22-2005, 11:01 AM
HCF Member

sways first though, youll notice them WAY more.

Old 01-22-2005, 12:13 PM
HCF Member

sways will make the biggest difference, also the lower you get it to the ground, the less roll you will have.

I have a very simple setup and I get almost no roll at all. Its like point and go

(lowering springs, sways, and a strut bar)

Old 01-23-2005, 08:06 PM
HCF Member

the least exspensive thing to try would be poly urathane bushings

Old 01-23-2005, 09:54 PM
HCF Member

yeah, if you can install them all yourself. believe me, its not easy. and a friend of mine got a quote on his integra, and it was like 600 bucks for the install.

Old 01-25-2005, 10:34 PM

Anybody got one for sale for a 95 civic dx sedan. how about where i can get one?
ORIGINAL: sacicons

you said it. sway bars.

Old 01-25-2005, 11:04 PM

ist his what i'm looking for?!?! I'm pretty sure the brand is trustworthy. Is the price expensive, reasonable, what?!?! I'm pretty sure this is what I need. I can't seem to find too many sway bars for my car!! Help please! if the proce is a little high i'm willing to pay for the quality, I DONOT WANT GARBAGE! This is probably going to be one of my biggest mods yet besides putting in my own system!!! I hat 5 1/2 is the rear and i stripped it and cut out holes for 6x9's and put them in I took them out of a 93 lincoln continental. That's what i used to drive so i know this thing BuMPS!!! Thanks, Josh

http://www.performancecenter.com/pro...oductID=366405

Old 01-25-2005, 11:40 PM
HCF Member

Sway bars are all basically the same and do the same thing. The more expensive sway bars usually are made of a lighter material to save weight. And if you are woried about saving a couple of ounces then go buy an expensive one. But you can find ones for as cheap as $20 or $30 like the ones on www.makotoautotrends.com they are still fairly rigid and will get the job done. As far as springs go, H&R springs have a type of spring set that are called OEM springs that stiffen you ride up and still mantain your stock height. And you can still keep your shocks you have in your car now.

Quick Reply: Car Swaying When turning