Suspension, Brakes, Tires & Wheels Talk about your suspension, tires, wheels and brakes within.

Correct wheel/tire combo - 06 civic sedan

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2006, 10:30 PM
Default Correct wheel/tire combo - 06 civic sedan

Hey guys,

I plan on lowering my car between 1.5-1.75 inches in the future.

With that said,
What size tire would be best for a 18x8 wheel +45 offset on a '06 civic ex sedan?

I dont want to buy a tire that will rub.

Old 05-05-2006, 01:14 AM
Default RE: Correct wheel/tire combo - 06 civic sedan

Link to tires on TireRack

They are 225/40/YR18's

Would those tires mounted on 18x8 wheels with +45 offset rub any on factory suspension? Would it hinder my ability to lower my suspension any in the future?

I just bought these wheels and I am ready to buy tires!

Old 05-06-2006, 01:47 PM
Default RE: Correct wheel/tire combo - 06 civic sedan (Help!!)

Hey guys

Please help!

I cant wait to get tires for my wheels! I dont want to buy some tires that will rub!

Does anyone have 18"s on a new civic??

Would 215/45R18's be better? That sounds somewhat thin for a 8 inch wide wheel.

Old 05-14-2006, 02:08 AM
HCF Member

be carefull.... a plus 45 offset will put the wheel WAY inside, and with an 8 wide....could be close. On these new civics the tight spot when upgrading wheel/tires is on the inside.

Old 05-19-2006, 03:24 PM

Oh Great...

Too late now, i got the wheels and tires (215/40yr18)

Waiting on toyota lugs to arrive, should be here today at 4.

i'll keep you guys posted...

Thanks for replynig KarTuneMan. (seriously)

I wish someone else whould have told me sooner that +45 would bring it way inside. I just got that b/c I read that that was the factory offset.

Old 05-19-2006, 04:24 PM
HCF Member

Not a lot of people here have '06 civics yet. Don't take it personally man, I know for a fact that a lot of us drive 6gens and I (like some others here) are clueless when it comes to small details on the '06 civics compared to 5, 6, or 7 gens...ALTHOUGH everyday I am on here there seems to be more and more ppl with 8gens, so keep your head up and let us know how the wheels/tires worked out for ya.

Old 06-05-2006, 09:10 PM

yeah... that was pretty of $hitty of me to say that, i believe i had had a few beers, but anyway... (Sorry everybody!)

The lug nuts I have will work.

I was misinformed by several people(at lexus dealerships, at western auto, etc...) that there should be almost zero play between the lugnut shank and the inside of the hole in the wheel. And I'm sure this is correct for other oem lexus wheels, but not the g-spiders. Well, there is no "special" lugnut for this wheel, any standard lexus lugnut will work - even with a little bit of play between the shank of the lugnut and the inside of the lug hole.

What centers the wheel is the hub itself. There is a lip that slips perfectly into the center of the oem honda wheel.
The inside lip on the g-spider wheel is slightly smaller, but tapered.
So, without ever seeing one, I assume the lexus wheel hub is a male tapered ring that slips into the female ring in the g-spider wheel.

I can take pictures if needed.

Here is my solution:

I have a buddy who's father owns a VERY reputable machine shop.

Could I take one of my factory hubs off one of my rear wheels and get them to CNC the same exact ring that is on my oem hub into the lexus wheel? I think that will work. If it is milled perfectly I believe it will be the same center fitment as my oem wheel.

Should i bring the lexus wheels, one oem wheel(for comparison) and a hub to the machine shop?

(off-topic) : My buddy completely fabricated his 6" suspension lift for his '02 Sierra by buying the lift, taking it to his shop, completely copying each piece on autocad, then CNC'd each piece. He then returned the lift, so he pretty much got a $3000(thats how much he said) lift for the price of some material.