Suspension, Brakes, Tires & Wheels Talk about your suspension, tires, wheels and brakes within.

delete

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2007, 02:47 PM
Recognized HCF Member
Default delete

edit never mind got it done

Old 05-05-2007, 02:53 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: alignment... midas said they couldnt...

He was being lazy, he should have been able to do it. try again mondy morning and see what he says

Old 05-05-2007, 02:56 PM
Recognized HCF Member

ya but ill try the other shop first... just cause they have been around alot longer and do good work! and very helpfull so if they dont charge much more ill just have them do it!
but i guess it woudlnt hurt to go cut up some 2x6s or 2x8s what ever i got layen around out in the shop.LOL
and just make em ramp it or at least TEST him out out and say prove it

Old 05-05-2007, 04:17 PM
June 2010 ROTM

Well, there are different kinds of machines that do alignments. They normally attached to the wheel. Some of the older machines have a large piece that attaches to the wheel and that could hit your fenders. I can't imagine that midas hasn't upgraded, as those machines are very out-dated.

Old 05-05-2007, 05:47 PM

honestly, it sounds like he was putting you off, because it was at the end of the day. I bet if you went back monday morning he would say differently. Half an hour is about enough time to get the computer set to your vehicle and get the heads on the wheels and compensated. But going to the shop that you think is better is a good idea.

Old 05-05-2007, 09:05 PM

yaa thats crap. i kno a lot of ppl that are much lower and fit on alignment machines with no problem. if a slammed s2k can get an alignment, then ur car will have no problem. just check out another shop.

Old 05-05-2007, 09:53 PM
HCF Member

My car almost didnt make it up the lift at canadian tire, but i didnt tell the lady it was lowerd till they started bringing it in

Old 05-05-2007, 10:04 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: danomatic93

Well, there are different kinds of machines that do alignments. They normally attached to the wheel. Some of the older machines have a large piece that attaches to the wheel and that could hit your fenders. I can't imagine that midas hasn't upgraded, as those machines are very out-dated.
not all old methods are bad, those "out-dated" methods are the best way to true up a vehicles suspension.

Old 05-06-2007, 01:49 PM
HCF Member

Yep he was blowin you off. The shop I used to work on got lowered civics on our alignment rack all the time. Just need some 6' 2X6 or 2X8 planks and lay em down. Done deal.!

Old 05-06-2007, 01:52 PM
HCF Member

I hate midas.Everytime I got o the one around here they are all *****. They have something against anyone that doesnt drive a domestic. I went in there to get a flange welded onto some headers for my friend and got a lecture on how the header would screw up the exhaust flow and Ill be back in a week. *****

Quick Reply: delete