Suspension, Brakes, Tires & Wheels Talk about your suspension, tires, wheels and brakes within.

dent in wheel rota slip

Old 12-10-2006, 10:59 AM
HCF Member
Default dent in wheel rota slip

hi, i have got some rota slips on my civic in gunmetal with polished lip and the other day i hit a nasty pothole while caining down a back road. i have dented the front N/S rim and was wonderin how i would get it out. i have heard of just takin a rubber mallit to it, is there any other way?? Thanks, Tom

Old 12-10-2006, 11:20 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: dent in wheel rota slip

just replace it. if it bends, then you bend it back, youve seriously compromised the structure of the wheel, and it wil bend even easier, or possibly shatter. Rotas are bad *** wheels for the price, but its still just a very lightweight cast wheel, and so in a hard impact, they will bend. think about bending a coat hanger back and forth, how you can feel the metal weaken as you bend it. then it breaks. thats what you are doing to the wheel.

Old 12-10-2006, 11:46 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: dent in wheel rota slip

ORIGINAL: tombakers

hi, i have got some rota slips on my civic in gunmetal with polished lip and the other day i hit a nasty pothole while caining down a back road. i have dented the front N/S rim and was wonderin how i would get it out. i have heard of just takin a rubber mallit to it, is there any other way?? Thanks, Tom
when i was taking my rims off for the winter i noticed a slight dip in one of my wheels on the back side, but i cant tell if its bent or not...like i said,its REALLY small, you wont notice unless your looking for it. But the question is, after you bent the wheel, how did it act differet? or did it?