Suspension, Brakes, Tires & Wheels Talk about your suspension, tires, wheels and brakes within.

Drifting

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2006, 08:35 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Drifting

Sorry, but your idea is not really that brilliant. It is definitely better than to practice on dry surface, but speeds are stiil too high on wet. Wait for snow to come, and find a deserted parking lot. You can practice whatever handling ideas you have on a safe speed this way. Or attend a driving school.

Old 11-15-2006, 12:08 AM

heck yeah...snowy ground is the way to go
ever seen an f-350 SD flatbed drift??? Well i can tell you it is done every day hahahaha

Old 11-15-2006, 12:22 AM
HCF Member

Should be fun

Old 11-15-2006, 12:22 AM
Recognized HCF Member

ORIGINAL: x2100

that's more like power sliding instead of drifting i think
looks strange seeing a FWD car drift. you got to be really good at it to make it look decent
yeah it does

Old 11-15-2006, 08:47 AM
Laced with Sarcasm

ORIGINAL: Misha

ORIGINAL: Nail I3unny
you can drift in any RWD car.
everyone argues with your ideas because its ideas like yours that kill thousands of innocent people every year.
Not that I think those ideas are brilliant, but can you provide statistics supporting your claim, please? How many thousands exactly. With breakout by idea, please.
Who ****ing cares if they kill 1 person or a thousand?! If idiots didn't do stupid things in cars, there would be less idiot related deaths, and that's all that matters.

Old 11-15-2006, 01:54 PM
HCF Member

Tony, we are all idiots in the areas we are not familiar with. Many people just do not care about their ignorance in driving. OP obviously does, and he is interested in increasing his driving skills, and I believe we should support this and steer him to the right direction, instead of bashing him. This will give us safer environment to live in.

And, technically, I believe there is no statistics supporting Nail I3unny’s claim. And I believe it is wrong to blame your opponent’s ideas for the thousands of deaths without supporting this by statistics. And I believe one cannot achieve right goals while using wrong methods.

Old 11-15-2006, 02:38 PM
HCF Member

OP obviously does, and he is interested in increasing his driving skills, and I believe we should support this and steer him to the right direction, instead of bashing him. This will give us safer environment to live in.

Ive got an encouraging idea! TAKE IT TO THE TRACK

Old 11-15-2006, 02:42 PM
HCF Member

http://www.unitedjustice.com/death-statistics.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Car_accident

http://www.car-accidents.com/pages/s...ent_stats.html

you want to know how pathetic our country is?
http://money.cnn.com/2005/08/01/Auto...a_death_stats/
theyre praising the fact that 'only' 42,000 people die every year in car accidents. thats 42k lives ended because of these things. thats 42k familys who have to deal with the hardships of burying a family member. thats 42k million feunerals...attended by hundreds of thousands of people...'only' 42,000 people die every year.

More than 3 million people get injured due to car accidents, with more than 2 million of these injuries being permanent.

There are in excess of 40,000 deaths due to car accidents every year.
http://www.lawcore.com/car-accident/statistics.html

why would you do something so stupid when the risk is high enough by itself?

and like tony said...why the **** does it matter if its one or one billion? someone is dead...someone who could have brought world peace or cured AIDS...those forty two thousand may have not made a difference to you...maybe even the 1.2 million killed worldwide every year make a difference to you...but they make a difference to somebody. anyone who doesnt recognize that fact doesnt deserve life because they cant appreciate it.

Old 11-15-2006, 02:56 PM

ORIGINAL: Remmy

Ive got an encouraging idea! TAKE IT TO THE TRACK
word...e-braking in a parking lot will not improve driving skill very much at all. if u want to be a much better driver on the road, go to some autox events. u'll learn ALOT about ur cars limitations and improve ur driving skill greatly. its legal, safe environment, and a whole lot of fun. ppl are very friendly at the events, got questions? just ask a racer or instructor and they'll be glad to help u out. it does cost money, but its very fun and a great learning experience. i kno its saved me from a couple bad situations on the road...

Old 11-15-2006, 02:59 PM
mxs
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: civicexracer

it does cost money
but it's cheaper than tickets and/or replacing a wheel, tire, and half your suspension because you slid into a curb.

Quick Reply: Drifting