Suspension, Brakes, Tires & Wheels Talk about your suspension, tires, wheels and brakes within.

Drifting

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2006, 03:05 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Drifting

ORIGINAL: mxs

ORIGINAL: civicexracer

it does cost money
but it's cheaper than tickets and/or replacing a wheel, tire, and half your suspension because you slid into a curb.
*cough*

Old 11-15-2006, 03:11 PM

ORIGINAL: mxs

ORIGINAL: civicexracer

it does cost money
but it's cheaper than tickets and/or replacing a wheel, tire, and half your suspension because you slid into a curb.
i kno how that is from experience...driving around, snow/ice on the ground, curb just inches away from me and lost control. next day im looking at $900 in damages. new wheel, steering knuckle, lower control arm, bearing, alignment...but that was back before i got into racing.

Old 11-15-2006, 04:16 PM
HCF Member

I dont see anything wrong with sliding around in a deserted parking lot, but if you are going to do stupid and dangerous things, make sure they are where no one else is. Dont make other people pay for your mistake. And in response to Nail I3unny: I dont think those 42k deaths were caused by idiots trying to drift their civic in a parking lot lol. But your absolutly right. If you want to do stupid stuff, do them where no one else can get hurt. If you get hurt, well thats your own fault. Too many people die everyday because of other people's mistakes.

Old 11-15-2006, 04:50 PM
HCF Member

Nail I3unny,
I reviewed your sources very carefully, and did not find anything directly related to attempts to drift FWD car on a wet surface (which the OP’s original idea was). Sorry, you need to find something else if you still want to support your claim.

Then,
ORIGINAL: Nail I3unny
and like tony said...why the **** does it matter if its one or one billion?
It matters because if you really want to do something to decrease the number of automobile related deaths, you need to identify and target real reasons, not imaginary ones.

Old 11-15-2006, 05:15 PM

i do my shyt anyway in a controlled enviorment. lol

Old 11-16-2006, 08:36 AM
Laced with Sarcasm

well, thank god you don't live anywhere near me.

Just a head's up, you're only going to end up running with the wrong crowd if you keep that **** up. We were all hanging in the lot one night (and by "we" I mean auto enthusiasts with good heads on their shoulders) when out of nowhere came an IDIOT in a DSM lauching his car across the parking lot at 5k rpms, and doing slides and ****. He was promptly chased out of there by about 40 guys wanting to bash his head in for...

A) Being an asshat and endangering all of our lives
B) Compromising a perfectly good meeting spot, which are diminishing by the day..
and C) Once again, giving us "import tuners" a bad name.

It's just stupid. Check the events in your area, I'm sure you can find a "Drift Day." That is THEE ONLY "controlled environment", end of story.

Old 11-16-2006, 04:39 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: Misha

Nail I3unny,
I reviewed your sources very carefully, and did not find anything directly related to attempts to drift FWD car on a wet surface (which the OP’s original idea was). Sorry, you need to find something else if you still want to support your claim.
i do believe what i said was 'why would you do something so stupid when the risk is high enough by itself?'

read the post.

like forty said...its people like you that kill people and give import tuners a bad name. if you want to do this find somewhere where the point of being there is drifting.

Old 11-16-2006, 05:30 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: Misha
Nail I3unny,
i do believe what i said was 'why would you do something so stupid when the risk is high enough by itself?'

read the post.
Here comes your original post:

you can drift in any RWD car.

everyone argues with your ideas because its ideas like yours that kill thousands of innocent people every year.

Then,
like forty said...its people like you that kill people and give import tuners a bad name.
Forty did not say this.
What you just said does not have any factual ground and constitutes personal attack against me. I suggest you consult senior HCF staff before posting on this matter any further.