Suspension, Brakes, Tires & Wheels Talk about your suspension, tires, wheels and brakes within.

drilled and slotted

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2007, 09:52 AM
Default drilled and slotted

i just got a set of drilled and slotted rotors for my civic. can anyone tell me.do i have to get ceramic brake pads. should i get ceramic brake pads whats the deal.

Old 09-15-2007, 09:55 AM
June 2010 ROTM
Default RE: drilled and slotted

I've never heard that that was a must. But it wouldn't hurt to get new brake pads.

Old 09-15-2007, 12:12 PM
Super Cereal Admin

nice... good choice on the drilled/slotted rotors. I just got a set of Summit Racing ones (I'm still waiting on 1 rotor, then they'll go on the car)... what kind did you get?

And you don't need ceramic pads... you can use whatever pads you want (I'd recommend changing your pads while you have the brakes apart though), but I think the instructions for mine recommended semi-metallic pads.

Old 09-15-2007, 01:35 PM

i got some ebay specialls, they are called sports brakes, at first i was weary but then i talked to a guy at a gas station who recomended a ebay seller who i ended up getting them from. he said his has been on his car for twenty thousand miles or more and still kicking. but thanks for the info i think i will end up going with semi metalic.

Old 09-15-2007, 01:42 PM
HCF Member

first off i wouldnt trust EBAY SPECIALS especiallly something so critical as the Brakes........and yea put in Summit slotted and drilled rotors a week ago and i love them!!!!!! look so bad *** behind the rims and yeah i got new brake pads

Old 09-15-2007, 01:49 PM
Cat Fuсker

my "ebay special" R1 concept rotors and pads held up through a few autocross events and rough driving in general quite well...

Old 09-15-2007, 02:02 PM
Super Cereal Admin

now you guys have me all excited to get my rear right rotor... Summit had to ship it from georgia (as opposed to ohio), so it's not going to be here until monday (but free next-day shipping on the rest of the stuff ftmfw!!!! I <3 living close to one of their warehouses)... now I just have to talk to my friends and see who has an impact driver... I'm thinking I probably won't be able to get the screws off with a regular screwdriver.

Old 09-15-2007, 04:17 PM

i'd never buy any no name brand brake products, this is what stops ur car afterall...u may get lucky, u may not, something this important i wouldnt leave to chance.

u dont need new pads with the rotors but it'd be a good idea to change em. one because u'll have everything apart and it'll just be easier and two, drilled/slotted wear pads faster.

Old 09-15-2007, 04:26 PM
Cat Fuсker

Blah....brakes are overrated....that's why I have this:

Old 09-15-2007, 04:28 PM

i think mines more effective

open the door and push her out!

Quick Reply: drilled and slotted