Suspension, Brakes, Tires & Wheels Talk about your suspension, tires, wheels and brakes within.

eibach problems????

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2005, 06:42 PM
Default eibach problems????

Ok heres my problem.....I have an 01 lx 4 door that I just put eibach sportline springs on......it said they were supposed to give it like only 1.4" of drop or something, but the back is slammed I have 205/40/17's on it and the back tires are slightly tucked in the wheel well....thats gotta be more then 1.4. Also it shouldnt have messed w/the camber for only that drop and the camber is off.....really bad....you can see the tires on an angle from the back.....and also another problem is that the front is not as low as the rear....you can literally see the difference as if the back is saggin.....it looks like a gots a stack of bricks in the back. Any ideas on what i could do. Also where can I find a good camber kit for the rear- everything i see is for the front.

Thanks [:@]

Old 10-02-2005, 06:50 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: eibach problems????

are u sure u installed them right? Maybe they sent u the wrong springs?

Old 10-02-2005, 06:58 PM

Ya I put them on the same as the instructions said to.....I realy think they are right because I work at an auto parts store and ordered them in there too just to check and see if the part numbers and stuff matched......just not too sure what the problem is.....gonna try and contact eibach this week and see what their techs say

Old 10-02-2005, 07:05 PM

Maybe you just got a set of bunk rear springs, they don't quality test everything so its not unheard of.

Old 10-02-2005, 08:07 PM
mxs
HCF Member

sure you didn't put the rear in the front and the front in the rear?

Old 10-02-2005, 09:00 PM

That wouldn't make the back drop. The rates on the front springs are significantly higher than the rates on the rears, so if anything, putting them on backwards would leave the front sagging.

Old 10-02-2005, 10:57 PM
mxs
HCF Member

oh okay... I knew they were different but I didn't know how.

Old 10-03-2005, 09:32 AM
HCF Member

That sounds strange. I know that certain springs that are out for the 7th gen can cause the back to be a TINY bit lower than the front, but to tuck your tires, something sounds wrong. I would call Eibach and take pictures, if you are able to. How many miles are on your car, and is there ANY possibility that your shocks are blown?

Old 10-03-2005, 10:52 PM

im going to take pics w/the ol camera phone then ill put some on here if i get a chance......tried calling eibach, their techs said that the front is stiffer and it will take time to break in but will eventually even out.....that sounds like bs to me but i dunno, never really messed w/suspension b4......they also said that the camber being off could cause it to appear lower and to get a camber kit, ne one know of a good camber kit......

hope to have pics and good results very soon

thanks

Old 10-04-2005, 10:48 AM
HCF Member

Your concern isn't so much about the car being uneven, but the amount of sagging in the back, correct? A camber kit would help a little bit (SPC is the best brand for your car, if you need one let me know) but I'm not sure it would solve the problem. Also, did you have a shop install them for you?

Quick Reply: eibach problems????