Suspension, Brakes, Tires & Wheels Talk about your suspension, tires, wheels and brakes within.

Finally going to drop

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2009, 10:32 PM
HCF Member
Default Finally going to drop

i had a thread started about this a while ago and couldnt find it so i am starting this thread. so i am finally deciding to drop my civic a bit, not looking for anything big, just to get rid of some of those nasty wheel gap. i am settling on the tein s-techs. from my understanding it is safe for me to use them on my stock shocks and no need for any camber kit. not exactly sure if i need an alignment. can someone help me search on ebay to find some genuine s-techs at a reasonable price. i saw on pro civic for 198 but i think its a bit high and can find a better deal on ebay. i'm afraid that i will fall for those knock offs. so anyone that got s-techs from a seller on ebay or help me find some genuine ones. post them up.

also, looks like its rated at 1.9 in the front and 1.7 in the back.

EDIT: searched on ebay for a bit on tein s-tech. found a couple sellers/items that sounds a looks legit what do you guys think, which should i order from

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/TEIN-...Q5fAccessories - $160

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/TEIN-...Q5fAccessories - $164.99

Last edited by sfazngiants; 02-07-2009 at 11:57 PM.
Old 02-08-2009, 10:21 AM
HCF Member

bump anyone

Old 02-08-2009, 10:37 AM
Recognized HCF Member

well IMO spend the extra money for the Stechs ecause there are so many fakes that look just like the original... you might find a honest seller but its very touch and go if its real...
so IMO its worth spending the extra cash and knowing for sure your not going to get screwed on some fake Stechs...
but no you dont need a camber kit for it with the stechs. the front camber will be very close to specs range and the rear you can simply do the washer trick with 2-3washers and some longer bolts and your golden camber wise... BUT you still need to get a alignment ruffly a week after you install them. just give them some time to settle down a bit because they should drop abit more after the springs settle.

Old 02-08-2009, 10:40 AM
HCF Member

thanks! which would you chose, from the options i posted above

Old 02-08-2009, 10:53 AM
Recognized HCF Member

well the first one you posted shows the sticker printed on the spring which is how it should be for authentic ones!

and the second listing has a picture of some different springs.

if the springs you get have obvious stickers on them mthen they are weak @ss fakes that should be returned instantly!

Last edited by addiction2bass; 02-08-2009 at 10:56 AM.
Old 02-08-2009, 10:58 AM
HCF Member

i was leaning towards the first ones, it looks legit, and comes with the tein warranty. i'm just lowering with stock shocks and tein s-tech until the stock shock blows then i will go with some aftermarket ones. i'm just hoping the s-tech will give me a nice drop and handle smoothly. i will post some pics when i get them installed

Old 02-08-2009, 11:12 AM
Recognized HCF Member

ya i had the stechs on my black civic first with some blue struts from procivic.
nice ride and drop but that simple drop was enough to bite me and want lower...
BUT IMO... go ahead and buy the new struts for the drop at the same time!
those Stechs are very close to stock springs being a big PITA to compress enough to remove and install them.... so best to just change the springs once and be done with it!

Old 02-08-2009, 11:22 AM
HCF Member

thanks, i might get the struts also.

Old 02-09-2009, 08:08 PM
HCF Member

is there a DIY for installing the springs for a 99 civic. i found this on this forum https://www.hondacivicforum.com/foru...ad.php?t=23588 . i want something about the front also.

Old 02-10-2009, 01:36 AM
Recognized HCF Member

ya thats pretty much all it is... only thing i would recommend is use some grease around the top and bottom perches. that will prevent it from possibly squeaking.

Quick Reply: Finally going to drop