Suspension, Brakes, Tires & Wheels Talk about your suspension, tires, wheels and brakes within.

First Suspension Mod

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2006, 12:43 PM
Old 07-23-2006, 02:58 PM
Cat Fuсker
Default RE: First Suspension Mod

Wicked tutning LCA are really good...I had them (my friend still has them) and no problems for quite some time now.

Old 07-23-2006, 04:01 PM
HCF Member

for the springs/shocks i always recommend H&R Sport or Race springs depending on what you want from the car, and always Tokico Illumina shocks.

thenagain...the prices of the new Tokico D-specs are down to around 600 for the shocks and springs...id look into those too. thats whats replacing the Illuminas. theyre fully ajustable shocks instead of the 5pt ajustability that the illuminas use.

Old 07-27-2006, 08:14 AM

Forgive the ignorance, but whats the point in spending ~$100 on some shiny LCAs? Surely they are there for a purpose and for that purpose only - to link the trailing arm to the bodyshell? As far as I'm concerned the standard ones are doing a great job (despite my little curb-slapping incident earlier this year which led to a replacement trailing arm/LCA, lol).

As for the shocks themselves, as you can see, full performance coilovers cost a fortune and for the type of driving most of us do they are a bit overkill IMO. A quality set of lowering springs (Eibach, Pi, Skunk2, Gmax, Koni...) will do the job fine although ride will suffer. If you have a very tight budget these will be the only option, although lowering springs w/adjustable seats are available fairly cheap as well but I have heard mixed reviews on these. Really it comes down to how much £££ you have to spend.

These would be a good compromise.... not sure on the quality but they don't look bad considering the price...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Honda-Civic-2-...QQcmdZViewItem

Or if you have a little more to spend...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/New-V-Maxx-HON...QQcmdZViewItem

I think I'll be buying those ^^^

=chris=

Old 07-27-2006, 09:43 AM
Laced with Sarcasm

The new LCA's primary purpose is that they look really sweet. They will save a slight amount of weight, but not a ton. The biggest reason I usually recommend doing them, is it makes the Strut/Spring install go a LOT more smoothly. If you get in there and snap a bolt or two in the stockers, its going to cost almost as much for the radom stealership parts, as it would if you'd just bought the LCAs

Old 07-27-2006, 10:51 AM
Cat Fuсker

uhuh....LCA's do make a statement and make the whole process a whole lot easier

Old 07-27-2006, 11:45 AM

like 40 said they will make the install of shocks easier because u more than likely will break atleast one of the bolts, i kno cuz i did it. and they do serve a purpose other than being shiney and ill quote myself..

ORIGINAL: civicexracer

LCA is for Lower Control Arms. u can get megan racing ones on ebay for like $100. im pretty sure if u are planning on getting a rear sway bar that u'll need aftermarket LCA's because the stock ones dont have a hole in them for the end links to go in...
want sway bar? need aftermarket lcas...