Suspension, Brakes, Tires & Wheels Talk about your suspension, tires, wheels and brakes within.

H&R sport springs from ebay???

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2008, 10:01 AM
HCF Member
Default H&R sport springs from ebay???

Hey guys, I recently purchased and received some wheels and suspension from the tirerack.com. I got some nice enkei rims, and KYB shocks. I also ordered the H&R sport springs, but they never came. I got a phonecall from tirerack saying they wont be in their warehouse until Oct 10th..... OCTOBER 10th?!!? I can't wait that long, and that's too close to winter for me to be doing any work on my car up here in Canada. I was wondering if i should cancel the backorder from tirerack, and order them from an ebaystore? Here is a link to both the tirerack and ebay sites.

http://cgi.ebay.ca/96-00-98-99-Honda...2em118Q2el1247

http://www.tirerack.com/suspension/s...865&perfCode=P

The ebay store part number for the springs is the same as the one on tirerack. It's for a 96 civic EX. Do you guys think I should buy the ones from this ebay store? Is this safe... AND will they be REAL?

If this is not an option is there any other legit place that would sell them?

Thanks in advance!!

Eagerly awaiting the replies,
CrIyVaInC

Old 08-22-2008, 12:23 PM

yep the ebay one's are real. i bought mine off ebay for about the same price. good luck with the install

Old 08-22-2008, 05:06 PM
HCF Member

people seem to have this false perception that everything on ebay is cheap, fake, or used.

Old 08-22-2008, 08:41 PM

Originally Posted by inthezoneac
people seem to have this false perception that everything on ebay is cheap, fake, or used.
well if you're not sure it's always a good idea to ask someone. i can vouch for the h&r springs on ebay because i bought some from ebay for around the same price, so his link looks legit.

Old 08-22-2008, 10:27 PM
HCF Member

haha yeah... I guess most people including myself would rather buy things from a reputable site if possible. Im sure these springs will be just fine, but i'll let u guys know and post some pics after everything is installed. And to you trustdestruction, thanks a ton for all the help you've given me with my many recent questions.

Old 08-23-2008, 04:42 AM
HCF Member

id buy em from ebay their a little cheaper and look legit, plus the sellers feedback is pretty good

Old 08-23-2008, 07:03 AM
HCF Member

I've bought lots of stuff off ebay and saved money every time. Probably the only used stuff I buy is games

Old 08-23-2008, 11:15 AM

the springs on ebay you gotta watch out for is, of course, the no-name ones, and also, there are a lot of fake Tein springs on ebay.

Old 08-23-2008, 02:17 PM
HCF Member

as long as the sellers feed back is 99+ then your usually good

Old 08-23-2008, 03:34 PM

Originally Posted by croninc
as long as the sellers feed back is 99+ then your usually good
You'll be fine with like 97+ really.
My dad owns a business and does a lot of sales on ebay to boost his business, and his feedback is like 98. He is an honest businessman and never screws over customers. However, there are people out there who are stupid, and don't follow instructions (like when returning items) and some who are just plain lying (i.e. saying they never received their item, just so they can get a refund and in actuality they got their item, so in the end their item was free).
In conclusion, a few negative feedbacks is to be expected because of there being dishonest buyers on ebay, and there are people who can't comprehend instructions and get frustrated when they don't understand and then turn to bitter words and insults.

Quick Reply: H&R sport springs from ebay???