Suspension, Brakes, Tires & Wheels Talk about your suspension, tires, wheels and brakes within.

Help! Brake trouble =/

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2011, 07:15 PM
Default Help! Brake trouble =/

Ok, so to make a long story short, my brakes were acting up a while back and i ended up changing the master cylinder and replacing the brake pads. They were running fine for a month or so and now i have to push the brake all the way to the floor to stop. I am going to try to bleed the brake lines again to see if that is the problem, but what else do you guys think it might be????

Old 10-30-2011, 06:49 AM

Did you lose brake fluid?, if so you have a leak.
Make sure the master cylinder is full and stomp on your brakes several times like they owe you money, the best place for them to blow out is in your driveway

Old 10-30-2011, 04:28 PM

You'll have to define "acting up" as many things can cause brakes to act up.

Did you have to push them all the way to the floor prior to the MC install? If not, chances are you have a leak from the install.

As David asked, did you lose fluid? if not, you have major air in the lines and thus, the bleeding will help, unless it's from the MC install. Therefore, you'll have to find the air leak. Otherwise and obviously, if fluid is lost, find the leak and repair, then bleed again.

It'll be trial and error until you find the problem. Once again, as David stated, better to find it in your driveway.

Good luck

Old 10-31-2011, 07:02 AM

No it was just the brake lines. I replaced the front rotors because they were warped pretty bad and i bled the brake lines again and now it seems to be good. The only issue, if you can call it that really, that i am having now is that it seems now that i have replaced the rotors and brake pads but my car doesnt roll back nearly as much. My car used to roll back really bad going uphill and stuff but now it barely rolls at all unless i am on a really steep hill. Is that normal??

Old 11-03-2011, 02:59 AM

See my comments in the brake section
You might wish to have a garage replace your brake lines IF the leak reqires you to replace the lins to the rear wheels. Its a bit of a job to do it right