Suspension, Brakes, Tires & Wheels Talk about your suspension, tires, wheels and brakes within.

Help!!- Camber Questions

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2006, 04:21 PM
Default Help!!- Camber Questions

Hey guys, i thougt i would give this a shot before i take my car to a shop and get ripped off. I might even be able to install these myself. Okay i got a 99 coupe with dropzone springs and struts the front is dropped 2.5 and the back about 2. I have basic 15 inch steelies for the winter and i plan on putting some 15 or 16 inch summer rims. My back wheels have some bad camber... I checked out some kits on ebay and i found a dropzone kit for the front and rear. My front camber is strait for the most part, its the back i want to straiten out. I also saw some Blox rear camber kits. But i'm just wondering if you think i should get a full front and rear set and fix it that way, or go the rear lower control arm route? Anyone have experience on this type of adjustment? Thanks in advance for any help, - Clay

Old 10-31-2006, 05:01 PM
mxs
HCF Member
Default RE: Help!!- Camber Questions

you don't need to buy anything other than a couple of washers. that will take care of the back.

is your front camber actually okay, or just looks okay??

Old 11-01-2006, 02:00 PM

I dont know really how to gauge the fronts.. They seem to look pretty strait. Also my rear back left suspension seems to dip lower than the back right side forcing it to look a little crooked. Have any suggestions on what that might be? Thanks!!

Old 11-01-2006, 03:28 PM
HCF Member

your passenger side is a bit higher then the drivers?

its called the honda lean lol, most people have this problem, i have yet to find a perfect answer to why hondas do this, but most people say its because the way the tranny/engine. Its off balanced..

Old 11-01-2006, 08:11 PM
HCF Member

thats my assumption. the engine is placed closer to the left side of the car and weighs more than the transmission. that, combined with the fact that you always drive with someone in the drivers seat and not nessecarily in the passengers seat probably cause the springs to settle differently.

Old 11-01-2006, 08:14 PM
mxs
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: mill$civic

your passenger side is a bit higher then the drivers?

its called the honda lean lol, most people have this problem, i have yet to find a perfect answer to why hondas do this, but most people say its because the way the tranny/engine. Its off balanced..
but I don't think that explains the BACK of the car...

you have dropzone coilovers?? or just regular springs?

Old 11-01-2006, 11:23 PM

I got there mild suspension setup. Its lowering springs+ new gas shocks.

Old 11-02-2006, 02:17 AM
HCF Member

so u do or dont have camber kits?

Old 11-02-2006, 09:09 AM

I dont have any camber kits, i've heard of putting washers in the back suspension to push the top out and even out the tires, I think i will try and do that this weekend. Thanks Guys

Old 11-02-2006, 09:19 AM
Laced with Sarcasm

Quick Reply: Help!!- Camber Questions