Suspension, Brakes, Tires & Wheels Talk about your suspension, tires, wheels and brakes within.
View Poll Results: Shocks?
Koni Yellows
33.33%
Skunk2 Shocks
33.33%
Tokico Blues
33.33%
Voters: 3. You may not vote on this poll

Help With Choosing Suspension

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2010, 12:24 AM
HCF Member
Default Help With Choosing Suspension

I need help choosing which suspension I should go with...

I'll most likely just get the shocks first then probably come back and find out which set of springs to go with too so it might be nice to get some feedback on springs as well.

Thanks.

EDIT!
I hear something about Koni Streets? Anything about them? KYBs? Sorry, didn't add them to the poll.

Last edited by misterxandy; 01-02-2010 at 12:34 AM.
Old 01-02-2010, 05:03 AM
HCF Member

ijust suggested you make this thread in your project thread lol
first off what r ur plans for the car? (DD autox ect.)
second how low do u plan on going?

and please add KYB AGX's to your poll because i vote for them

Old 01-02-2010, 06:14 AM
Super Cereal Admin

Yup, not enough info to answer the question. What are you using the car for? How low do you want to go? Are you going to be using coilovers or standard springs to drop it?

Answer those and I can give you my opinions

Old 01-02-2010, 12:03 PM
HCF Member

My shocks are blown on my car, I'm looking for a stiffer ride, not a substantial drop and something for a little canyon running. If you guys can tell me a full combo to get based on that I'd appreciate it.

My friend is still pushing me to go with Koni Yellows and Ground Controls.

Old 01-02-2010, 01:10 PM
Super Cereal Admin

Well you'll definitely be happy with yellows and GCs. If you want a little cheaper, you could go with GCs and KYB AGX if you want adjustablity. If adjustability isn't a huge concern, I know a lot of people are extremely happy with Tokico blues and Tien S-tech springs (a little under a 2" drop).

Old 01-02-2010, 01:36 PM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by reaper2022
Well you'll definitely be happy with yellows and GCs. If you want a little cheaper, you could go with GCs and KYB AGX if you want adjustablity. If adjustability isn't a huge concern, I know a lot of people are extremely happy with Tokico blues and Tien S-tech springs (a little under a 2" drop).
Hmm. I see.

I hear that Tokico blues are just a step up on OEM. I'm more or less leaning on Skunk2 shocks on Eibachs solely for the affordability. After around June-ish, I am probably going to sell them and go for Koni and GCs. I'm just looking for something with a good 2 inch drop that's above OEM shocks and springs.

Old 01-02-2010, 05:53 PM
HCF Member

my advice since u want to switch to GC and koni yellows and seem to want to change now for some reason

get the koni yellows and run them on ur stock springs until u have enough $$ to buy GCs
or just wait till u have enough $$ and just buy the koni yellows/ GCs at the same ttime

but buying a new suspension setup to just sell it in 6 months seems pointless to me

Old 01-03-2010, 01:09 PM
HCF Member

The reason why I need new suspension is because my stock suspension is blown. After reading on other forums, I've came to realize that running stock suspension and lowering springs blows out your shocks faster, and well, mine are blown and I want a temporary replacement for now.

Old 01-03-2010, 01:54 PM
Super Cereal Admin

We understand that; what hamorhead is getting at is it's a bit pointless to buy a setup you know you're going to be replacing in 6 months. Why not just save up for a little bit and buy the setup you actually want instead of doing the same thing twice?

Old 01-03-2010, 03:47 PM
HCF Member

hmm, bit off topic but what are the price ranges for the shocks?
~Tokico Blues
~Skunk2
~Koni Yellows
~KYB's

and are all these workable with the tein stech springs?

Quick Reply: Help With Choosing Suspension