Suspension, Brakes, Tires & Wheels Talk about your suspension, tires, wheels and brakes within.

Help getting Rims to fit

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2007, 11:27 AM
Default RE: Help getting Rims to fit

what are the other two pieces of information that goes in this that u guys have been typing: //18.. i know the 18 is rim size but anyways.. someone told me spring block will possibly fix the rubbing problem..

if anyone has any idea, let me know and also what about some new coilovers, i heard those can raise like 2 inches..

Old 09-25-2007, 11:40 AM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: shauntennine

what are the other two pieces of information that goes in this that u guys have been typing: //18.. i know the 18 is rim size but anyways.. someone told me spring block will possibly fix the rubbing problem..

if anyone has any idea, let me know and also what about some new coilovers, i heard those can raise like 2 inches..

- height/width tire size/ratio

Old 09-25-2007, 12:27 PM

ok basically, can someone tell me the cheapest, easyiest, way to raise my car about an inch or two, and also in comparison, the most effective and correctly done way to raise my car an inch or two, and how much i would be looking at for each option.

thanks a lot

Old 10-02-2007, 06:34 AM

just want to say thanks for all the advice u guys didnt offer, but i got them to fit and they look gangsta as ****.

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/h0ckeyb0y/Rims.jpg

Old 10-02-2007, 02:11 PM
HCF Member

just want to say thanks for all the advice u guys didnt offer, but i got them to fit and they look gangsta as ****.

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/h0ckeyb0y/Rims.jpg

That doesn't look gangter, looks funny

Old 10-02-2007, 02:23 PM
HCF Member

wow now I remember why I don't post here anymore...

I just installed 205/55/16 tires onto my dropped EX and it's touching the rear.
I'm thinking of installing oem rear strut & springs to raise it.
Any good ideas?
Those tires are too big on any pre-2001 civic. 205/45/16 should do you nicely.

Old 10-16-2007, 04:42 PM
HCF Member

ok, this is my first post here and i need some help.. i have a 97 civic lx, and i just bought 18 inch rims with tires.. the back tires rub when i get on the gas (cause the car shifts weight to the back)..

i need some advice on how to make these rims work without scraping..
Assuming that the rim width and offset are correct, your tires are probably too big to fit without modifying the fenderwells. The "correct" fix is to get the right size of tire for the car...205/35-18.

Old 10-16-2007, 04:50 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: rok_spitfighter

I've got a similar problem.

I just installed 205/55/16 tires onto my dropped EX and it's touching the rear.
I'm thinking of installing oem rear strut & springs to raise it.
Any good ideas?
If your Civic is older than an '06...get lower profile tires. 205/45-16s fit earlier Civics with the right rims.

Old 10-16-2007, 04:56 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: ryank327

You should always double check your tire sizes...lesson learned. AllI can say is get a lower profile or raise your car a tad. We have people come into the shop all the time with big wheels and when we tell then they are gona rub they want them on anyways.
This seems to be quite common. Tire shops seem to usually know car fitments better than most tuners, but they never seem to be "quite" up to speed on Jeeps and fitting oversized rubber.

Old 10-16-2007, 05:03 PM
HCF Member

someone told me spring block will possibly fix the rubbing problem..if anyone has any idea, let me know and also what about some new coilovers, i heard those can raise like 2 inches..
Intra-spring blocks are a good way to court disaster and ruin your ride quality.

Coilovers can often be adjusted through a 2" range, but that range is usally from .5" lower than stock, down to 2.5" lower than stock. I don't usually see coilovers that raise a Civic taller than stock height.

Quick Reply: Help getting Rims to fit