Suspension, Brakes, Tires & Wheels Talk about your suspension, tires, wheels and brakes within.

Help!! Lowered Car, no one will do alignments!

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2006, 04:30 PM
Default Help!! Lowered Car, no one will do alignments!

I have a Honda Civic 93 Hatch that is lowered, and is pretty jacked up at the moment. all the treading on the inner part of my tires are pretty much gone. I've discovered late... but none the less discovered that i need an alignment and a camber kit to fix the issue. After some research i've discovered that an alignment alone will probably fix the issue but i got the camber kit to be on the safe side. However my issue is this... anyone i've called to get an alignment has told me no! once i mentioned my car was lowered. so i figured i'd take it to the honda dealership who then directed me to go to formula 1 honda to install the camber kit and perform the alignment. When i talked to honda they already told me they don't really like to install camber kits or perform alignments on lowered cars but they said they would do it anyways. when i brought my car there, they looked at it for a while and then told me that they were not touching it. and they gave me alist of things that were wrong with my car . ie suspension issues etc. basically it came up to approx $1200 in parts and $908 in labour to fix the problem... and then tax on top of that price came up to about $2200. the retail value of my car is between $1000 - $3000 is it really worth it?

does anyone have any suggestions on where i could go to get an alignment done on my car in the GTA?

Old 12-12-2006, 04:41 PM
Default RE: Help!! Lowered Car, no one will do alignments!

what did they say was wrong with it?

Old 12-12-2006, 05:03 PM

What's the drop? If it's less than 2" you really shouldn't need a camber adjustment.
I've just had my alignments done at a tire shop. Screw the dealer.

And yes, even with an alignment your tires will wear faster on the inside. It's the price you pay for better handling.

Old 12-12-2006, 05:05 PM
HCF Member

this is why everybody needs an alignment immediately after lowering a car.

getest thou to a pep boys...

Old 12-12-2006, 05:14 PM

i think it's a little more than 2", i'm not sure but i do know that i can't even fit my fingers between the tires. it wasn't always that low but it became like that after this issue began happening. i bought the car lowered so i'm not sure how low the guy before me had it. i left the specs that need fixing according to the dealer in my glove dept. i'll post it up here as soon as i get home.

Old 12-12-2006, 10:45 PM
mxs
HCF Member

Keep calling around until you find someone who will align it. You will probably end up somewhere other than one of the big chain stores.

Old 12-12-2006, 10:56 PM
HCF Member

you lowered it by yourself? what is wrong with it? the shop i work at does not like to do lowered alignement. keep checking dude. good luck

Old 12-12-2006, 10:58 PM

I dont know where you are located but check if there is a place called Network Alignment. They will do anycar. They Even aligned my bagged s10.

Old 12-13-2006, 01:01 AM

Your problem makes out a lot like mine when I first bought my car. I had blown shocks, coilovers, axles, bushings needed to be replaced and a big ole list of stuff that needed to be done. Honda dealership gave me 3k in repairs with labor and tax. I did the stuff that was priority 1st. This made it easier on my pocket and didn't make me worry as much. So even if you have all these problems with your car, make sure you take care of the most threatening issues 1st. Maybe you can do some installs yourself or you might know a guy who will do it for a lesser % the dealership charged you, thats how I got my stuff dealed with. Post that list up and maybe people can tell you what to fix 1st from most to least importance. Your prolly stressed out right now with the big $ they quoted you for but don't worry about it.

Old 12-13-2006, 01:03 AM

Don't go out and get a allignment yet, your shocks might be blown or you might have coilovers and they might be damaged and you might need to replace em, making the allignment useless. Cause you'll just have to reallign the new suspension.

Quick Reply: Help!! Lowered Car, no one will do alignments!