Suspension, Brakes, Tires & Wheels Talk about your suspension, tires, wheels and brakes within.

help me find the right suspension setup

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2007, 09:50 AM
Default help me find the right suspension setup

i found this so far for my 96 EK hatch...
http://www.inlinefour.com/neusgr2com.html
***Will the above retain the EK's stock height? What's the difference between race and sport? Will i need a camber kit too? I want a nice dropped car with a smooth ride...

I think my bro did a ghetto drop on the hatch when he had it just by buying the springs.. so the damn car is so bouncy... .
Anyone car to give me their suspension setup on their EK 96+ hatch? i'm looking for a full kit with shocks

i found this one: http://www.autoaccessoriesgarage.com...=1003&vlin k= work good? anyone got them?

Thanks a lot!

Old 06-24-2007, 11:35 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: help me find the right suspension setup

between the two, i prefer the eibach set over the other. neuspeed just isn't as great of quality as eibach. plus the eibach kit has a small drop and maybe smoother ride (i really don't know because it didn't list the spring rates or damping rates). i'd just stay away from cheaper suspension parts and companies.

Old 06-24-2007, 12:57 PM

yeah.. it sorta sux cuz eibach does not give out the spring+damping rates.. never dealed with these before.. is the damping like a shock? forgive my noob'ish question

Old 06-24-2007, 01:10 PM
HCF Member

not sure about the dampers made by eibach cuz i've never talked to anyone that has them, but they definetely make the better springs between the two, andare alsosome of the best springs you can get. I have also heard that Ground Control are really good which I have heard are made by Eibach (not 100% sure if its true). I a prolly going to get one of the two when I redo my suspension.

As far as shocks, I have heard of people liking the Tokico blues Koni reds or KYB Gr2 as basic sport shocks and struts, but for really good ones bilstein are always a good choice, but can get expensive. don't have any personal experience with any of the shocks though so i can't tell ya which ones ride best

Old 06-24-2007, 01:30 PM
HCF Member

GC coilovers have eibach springs in the kit with GC perches and accessories.

Old 06-24-2007, 01:36 PM

thanks guys.. i just found these

http://www.autopartswarehouse.com/pe...amp;partid=283

looks pretty good...

Old 06-24-2007, 01:38 PM
HCF Member

good brand, but are you getting adj. or non-adj. setup.

Old 06-24-2007, 01:40 PM

ORIGINAL: ej6buddy

good brand, but are you getting adj. or non-adj. setup.
ummm.. i'm lost... could u explain what u mean by adj and non adj.. i know what those terms mean.. but not when it comes to car suspension

do the dampers function as shocks?

Old 06-24-2007, 01:42 PM
HCF Member

the first kit on that page isn't adjustable (meaning you cannot change the damping rate to the setting that you prefer. i.e. on soft or hard depending on the driving you do most)

the second is adjustable which is why it price is a bit higher.

Old 06-24-2007, 01:47 PM
HCF Member

well the top one is non adjustable, meaning that the ride heightand the damper compression and rebound rates are not changable what they are is what you get.

the bottom onehas just springs that are not adjustable, but has adjustabledampers that you canadjust the compression adn rebound rates to suit your driving style. ej6 buddy prolly knowsknows more about it than me and can prolly explain it better.

but if you don't know much about it, anddon't reallycare to know more then just go with the non adjustable ones

Quick Reply: help me find the right suspension setup