Suspension, Brakes, Tires & Wheels Talk about your suspension, tires, wheels and brakes within.

how do coilovers work with a camber kit?

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2006, 10:27 PM
HCF Member
Default how do coilovers work with a camber kit?

this is a stupid question that i should already no, but i was thinking about this the other day when i was thinking about getting coils next summer (just a thought), but the question is, when you lower and raise your car with the coilovers, how does the camber stay good?
when you lower your car you need a alingment and a camber kit and get it adjusted, but with coils your rasing it and lowering it all the time, so once again..how does the camber kit work with it?

thanks

Old 08-13-2006, 10:42 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: how do coilovers work with a camber kit?

well i cant find a picture to illustrate but all camber kits are are adjustable upper control arms. they work just like the stock UCA's would except theyre ajustable.

Old 08-14-2006, 03:19 PM
HCF Member

so they adjust themselfs when you raise and lower it?, or do you need to adjust them yourself?

Old 08-14-2006, 03:49 PM
HCF Member

you ajust them yourself. same concept as ajustable shocks or whatever.

Old 08-14-2006, 05:14 PM
HCF Member

yeah, the coils are good if you attend alot of shows or something

Old 08-14-2006, 06:29 PM
HCF Member

but how do you no if you have them adjusted properly?, you no with coils because they will drop and lock in, but if you have to adjust the camber at the same time..its hard to tell if your wheel is strate or not, so how does that work?..you cant just eye ball it

Old 08-14-2006, 06:52 PM

you would have to get another alignment if you left it adjusted differently, but if you drop your car 2 inches for daily driving then lower it even more for a show you would raise it back up to the same hegiht so the camber would be the same as before

Old 08-14-2006, 08:17 PM
HCF Member

really?!?..that sucks alot, if i got coils i would slam it for everyday when i drove to school or work because the roads are good and i no them well so theres nothing like a speedd bump that i wouldnt expect, but if its places that i dont go often i would raise it a bit just incase there is a speed bumb or ruff roads, but if i have to get a alingment everytime thats just expensive..wow this is all new to me

Old 08-14-2006, 09:46 PM
HCF Member

it's mainly just a show thing, but other than that, dido for what ef said.

Old 08-14-2006, 09:48 PM

ORIGINAL: mill$civic

really?!?..that sucks alot, if i got coils i would slam it for everyday when i drove to school or work because the roads are good and i no them well so theres nothing like a speedd bump that i wouldnt expect, but if its places that i dont go often i would raise it a bit just incase there is a speed bumb or ruff roads, but if i have to get a alingment everytime thats just expensive..wow this is all new to me
i had coilovers on my ef, i left it slammed always about 3' it was sweet, just wore the tires real quick had cords showing in 3 months

Quick Reply: how do coilovers work with a camber kit?