Suspension, Brakes, Tires & Wheels Talk about your suspension, tires, wheels and brakes within.

How fast are my tires going to wear... or is it worth it.

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2007, 05:12 PM
Default How fast are my tires going to wear... or is it worth it.

So I'm strapped for cash for atleast 2 months so I can catch up on bills, I'm going to go ahead and install by S-techs and tokico blue shocks (WITH OUT A CAMBER KIT) because my OEM shocks are so damn bad that I'm going to break somthing soon because the ride is so rough. I'm just wondering that if I ride on my winter tires for two months how badly am I gonna F*ck my tread up? I just can't get a camber kit for a while.....(Any donators of ****ty camber kits?) J/K I don't know I just need smoother shocks real real soon.

Old 02-24-2007, 06:08 PM
Default RE: How fast are my tires going to wear... or is it worth it.

u'll be just fine for 2months, prolly longer(depending on how hard u drive the car). if for some reason u notice that its wearing the tires to fast, u could have the tires flipped untill u can get the camber fixed. i would imagine that only the front tires are gena have some good wear on them so having just those flipped prolly wont cost all that much.

Old 02-24-2007, 06:10 PM

Cool, but do I still have to get my alignment done too?

Old 02-24-2007, 06:15 PM

ORIGINAL: dblclutchin

Cool, but do I still have to get my alignment done too?
it'll def. help to get an alignment. if not the tires could wear even faster than without it.

Old 02-24-2007, 06:18 PM

Is a good way to test my alignment by letting go of the wheel and comparing it to what it used to be? Or is that a myth?

Old 02-24-2007, 06:26 PM

ORIGINAL: dblclutchin

Is a good way to test my alignment by letting go of the wheel and comparing it to what it used to be? Or is that a myth?
i doubt u'll be able to see the differences and even if u do, u cant really fix it unless u reallykno what ur doing. i kno some racers that do their own alignments with just some small tools and whatnot but i have no idea how they do it..

Old 02-24-2007, 06:31 PM

Well this explains how it is done. Takes quite a while but would probably be better then spending $60.00 for alignment. Thanx for your help man.

http://www.civicforums.com/forums/44...alignment.html

Old 02-24-2007, 06:57 PM
HCF Member

What size are your wheels and how much are you lowering it? If you have 15/16 inch wheels and you are lowering it no more than 1.5 inches you should be fine for awhile. But if they are 17's I would look for a camber kit as soon as you can.

Old 02-24-2007, 07:28 PM

Well I got my winter tires and rims on that are 15's (1.5" drop) so I should be good but I'll just have to buy it when I put my 17's on this spring. One more question, So I go and get it aligned after I install the springs and struts so when I finally put a camber kit on do i have to take it back to the shop and get it aligned again?

Old 02-24-2007, 07:39 PM

alignment would be good.

Quick Reply: How fast are my tires going to wear... or is it worth it.