Suspension, Brakes, Tires & Wheels Talk about your suspension, tires, wheels and brakes within.

how low can i go?

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2007, 12:33 AM
HCF Member
Default how low can i go?

How much can i lower my car so that its not super low, [i don't want to i have to worry about every speed bump or semi-steep driveway i may encounter]
Name:  DSCF0723.jpg
Views: 53
Size:  131.2 KB
...and do any of you have any recommendations for brands of springs?

thanks.

Old 02-07-2007, 12:41 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: how low can i go?

i would lower that car about 2in to make it look good u could do like1 an a 1/2. ive got skunk2 springs and i love them but there 2 1/2 in drop u may not want that much
those are 14in rims and 185/70/14 tires

Old 02-07-2007, 12:42 AM
HCF Member

Depends on what your looking for, if you dont do any racing and want a smooth ride look into Tein s-techs or h-techs. Im biased toward tein though.

I would go with a 1.5 inch drop if your really worried about speed bumps, you could go way lower but you have to be careful. Personaly, I think you should slam that hatch, but thats just me.

Old 02-07-2007, 12:49 AM
HCF Member

i was thinkin 2" but wasn't sure. if anyone has a 2" drop it'd be great if i could see it. i live in a rather hill-infested area of oregon and like all my friends driveways are hills by them selves. i also saw a slammed eg hatch bottom out on a speed bump last week which got me concerned. thank all of you for your advice though.

Old 02-07-2007, 11:29 PM
HCF Member

I have to ask WHY you want to lower your ride. Handling? Aesthetics? A bit of both?

I bottom out the rear of my stock-height '00 sedan coming out of parking lots sometimes (Ihave a receiver hitch for my bikerack though). I may actually raise the rear .5-1", or lower the front .5-1" to adjust the departure angle a tiny bit.

If it's strictly for handling that you want to do it, I'd shop anti-swaybars and strut-tower braces first. Then you retain a stock-similar ride and beef your chassis a bittoo. If you still want to better the handling after that, then lower it. Just be sure to choose anti-swaybars that areworkable for both stock and lowered suspensions.

Old 02-07-2007, 11:55 PM
HCF Member

appreciate the feedback. i mean, aesthetics are pretty important, but performance comes first with me. My main issue i want dealt with is body roll though. I'll have to think about it.

Old 02-08-2007, 05:39 PM
HCF Member

well i kno u said ur all about performance, but im in a similar situation with the contemplation of how low to go...id say just get some semi cheap coilovers, so u can adjust the ride height at anytime, and get it xactly where u want......but bak to performance aspect, u havta dish out a lot of cash for some high performance coilovers......there are cheaper ones (dropzone), but some people claim they dont like their bounciness....either way itll look sweet with any drop...its like my car with niice wheels and no rear end lol

Old 02-08-2007, 06:38 PM
HCF Member

thats the first time i've ever heard someone say not to drop your car haha i say go Tein S-Techs. You usually dont need a camber kit, but still get 1.8" drop. Check out mill$civic, thats what he has

Old 02-08-2007, 06:41 PM
HCF Member

^^^ who are you reffering to? i didnt say dont drop it

Old 02-08-2007, 10:49 PM
Recognized HCF Member

im dropped about 3 inches

beware the picture is huge

Quick Reply: how low can i go?