Suspension, Brakes, Tires & Wheels Talk about your suspension, tires, wheels and brakes within.

KYB GR2's + Vogtland Springs whatcha think?

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2010, 01:40 AM
HCF Member
Default KYB GR2's + Vogtland Springs whatcha think?

Just ordered em, did some research heard good things, and bad things. But do you guys have any input? Heres the link to what i got
----> http://cgi.ebay.ca/KYB-GR2-SHOCKS-SP...item48393d4367

Needed some new springs because my two fronts were pooched ha ha, so i figured may as well upgrade while i was at it.

Old 02-25-2010, 09:16 AM
Cat Fuсker

It's an OK combo. Don't expect too much out of them, it will feel near stock, but harsher due to the springs.

Old 02-25-2010, 09:27 AM
HCF Member

they are baddddd. i bought those exact same ones and the shocks blew within a month. i dont think they are true vogtland springs. I put them on with steelies, and within a month my rear tire (size 13) was rubbing the inner part of the wheel well with only one person in the car. do not buy from them. the warranty is not valid because they are not an authorized dealer.

Old 02-25-2010, 09:39 AM
Cat Fuсker

Well if these are counterfeit parts than yeah, that would be bad. My Saab is on vogtland springs and I've been known to carry 500-600 lbs in my trunk and nothing rubbed.

Old 02-25-2010, 03:21 PM
HCF Member

^did yours have any stamping on them stating that they are vogtland springs. I'm pretty sure mines didn't

Old 02-25-2010, 06:32 PM
Cat Fuсker

I got them from an authorized dealer.

Old 02-25-2010, 06:55 PM

He said he already ordered them....That add is full of sh*t. Those shocks are not valved specifically for those springs like it says...

Keep the KYBs and try to sell those springs for something better. Tien s.techs are a good, cheap alternative.

Old 03-09-2010, 10:40 PM
HCF Member

RIGHT, so i JUST saw the replies to this thread ha ha, WELL THEN i might be hooped with these, but it will hold me off until i can get better (if i have issues, i DID do a bunch of looking into these... )

SO a couple of questions then, If these do suck, What would you guys recommend? ( did see the Tien S.Techs, But anything else? and what struts would you recommend?)

And on top of that, im getting the Skunk 2 Upper Control arms for the Camber adjustability, and im looking at the rear trailing arms as well, Any words of advice with that? (Im also getting a full polyurethane bushing kit as well)

With these guys, i should not run into any rubbing issues? (if they dont sag, and perform like they should at least)

Thanks, Sorry for the slow reply, i had no idea you guys said anything >.<

Old 03-10-2010, 03:14 AM
HCF Member

Trust me, you will sag and start rubbng even on 13in rims. My advice would be to buy some s techs and put them on the kyb gr2. If you put the vogtlands and the gr2 you will need to buy new springs and shocks. Don't just throw your money away. And with a small drop like the stechs, I don't think you need control arms.

Old 03-10-2010, 07:03 PM
HCF Member

Im going to be getting the new upper control arms and the rear trailing arms either way, its just something i would like to get done thats all, and like i said, if i do run into issues i will swap em out later, its not too big of an issue, if i sag, well i will throw em out, and the struts will still be ok after that, so then i can get some new springs...

Thanks for the advice though, im not ignoring it, im just crossing my fingers thats all.

Quick Reply: KYB GR2's + Vogtland Springs whatcha think?