Suspension, Brakes, Tires & Wheels Talk about your suspension, tires, wheels and brakes within.

Lock lugs

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2007, 03:36 PM
Snail'n Admin
Default Lock lugs

Hey guys, I'm bringing my car to college next semester (been a long one without driving) but theres more crime here than at home. I want to buy lock lugs but not really sure of a brand or where to get them. It's good im getting them cuz i should have them anyway. Any ideas?

Old 11-10-2007, 04:04 PM
Recognized HCF Member
Default RE: Lock lugs

well they are a good idea... BUT the best lugs for theft i think are tuner lugs BUT thats only IF your rims are made for tuner lugs......
because anyone can simply buy a STRIPED bolt remover socket and with alittle more work they can still remove the wheel lock......

buy they are still beter than nothing.......
another good idea is IF you have a car alarm (IF NOT GET ONE) LOL buy buy a TILT SENSOR for the alarm.... that way whey they lift the car to much the sensor will trigger and set off the alarm....

Old 11-10-2007, 04:12 PM
Snail'n Admin

Sweet deal..Im actually working on buying an alarm for christmas plus i might put a fuel cut off and ecu cutoff incase they do get around the alarm..They arent too much to install. Any idea of where to buy tuner lugs or lock lugs

Old 11-10-2007, 04:43 PM
Recognized HCF Member

well tuner lugs are only good if the wheels are made to ONLY use them..... otherwise the striped bolt sockets will take them right off cause they will stick out like regular wheel lugs......

and dont think that wheel locks will SAVE your rims becuse if they stick out from the wheel a striped socket will remove them still... AND thiers only SO MANY WHEEL LOCKS..... so if a wheel thief realy serious he can easily have a bunch of wheel lock keys.......

BUT it will keep those low level theives... which is alot beter than nothing.....
you can simply buy online or at your local parts store...