Suspension, Brakes, Tires & Wheels Talk about your suspension, tires, wheels and brakes within.

lowering civic

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2008, 09:32 PM
HCF Member
Default lowering civic

Ive wanted to lower my 2000 civic for a while but i dont know if its a good idea cuz of how low it already it

any thoughts here??

Old 10-14-2008, 10:56 PM
HCF Member

How much does your car have for a drop and how much more do you want to lower it.

Old 10-15-2008, 06:08 AM
HCF Member

it depends on you and your surroundings. if you have a lot of speed bumps and bumpy roads or potholes and steep entrances and exits, then think again before you lower.
if you're a careful driver with cash to spend if anything ever gets damaged then go for it

Old 10-15-2008, 06:53 AM
HCF Member

it doesnt matter about speed bumps or crappy roads. You should slow down over bumps n **** anyway. You could dump your car and be perfectly fine..its all about knowing how to drive a low car. Just get adjustable coilovers then you can adjust how you see fit.

Old 10-15-2008, 05:02 PM
HCF Member

All good opinions, if i was to want to lower it any good brands to look for?

Old 10-15-2008, 06:05 PM
Super Cereal Admin

yeah, I had my old civic absolutely slammed (about 4" from the ground to my car on the stock body) and didn't worry about speed bumps or anything.

Look into Koni shocks and Ground Control coilovers.

Old 10-15-2008, 06:08 PM
HCF Member

Well my new exhaust pipes are a lot bigger than stock, and my muffler is huge, so im afraid of lowering my car cause a speed bump could damage them

Old 10-16-2008, 07:04 AM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by reaper2022
yeah, I had my old civic absolutely slammed (about 4" from the ground to my car on the stock body) and didn't worry about speed bumps or anything.

Look into Koni shocks and Ground Control coilovers.
Good call on the Koni/ GC setup. Thats good for dd/autoxing....if you want something more straight dd and comfort look into the FF Type 2's...even the Type 1's are really good.

And if your exhaust is that ridiculous...put the stock one back on.

Old 10-16-2008, 10:48 AM
Recognized HCF Member

if your exhaust hangs to low.... look to see if it can be moved and tucked up better into the body!

id definatly recomend Koni yellows and Ground Control coilovers. i love mine! tho if you plan on really lowering the car id HIGHLY sugest getting the GC top hats as well that way your struts have more travel, and stiffer springs to keep the travel down alittle to prevent some rubbing.
i still need to order my stiffer springs and extended top hats also...
they ride good right now but are very close to riding the bump stops upfront! i wanna go lower and build some skid plates to protect the motor/tranny, and some stops for the steering so i dont have to worry as much about crushing my fenders from turning to sharp

best of all with coilovers you adjust the ride to EXACTLY where you want it to sit!

Old 10-16-2008, 12:49 PM
Super Cereal Admin

also, another good thing about GC coilovers is when you're ordering them, you can specify exactly what springrates you want. Also, the extended tophats aren't a bad idea.

Quick Reply: lowering civic