Suspension, Brakes, Tires & Wheels Talk about your suspension, tires, wheels and brakes within.

Need help selecting new tires!

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2005, 10:03 PM
Default Need help selecting new tires!

Hey guys, I need a little help selecting some tires. Right now I have 185/65R14's goodyear aquatreds and Im not happy with them. They ride rough when Im on the interstate 70+mph. I want something thats smooth riding and will be a good all season tire. Anyone have any recommendations?

Old 10-06-2005, 11:36 PM
ALX
Default RE: Need help selecting new tires!

Anything Kumho will suffice. Good price, good ride, and they last.

Old 10-08-2005, 09:35 PM

I've got Kuhmo Esctas 711s...they are pretty good for the money, I'd get some of those, or Toyo's

Old 10-08-2005, 09:38 PM

Falken are great too, I'm riding on Ziex right now, I love them, great handling even at higher speeds.

Old 10-09-2005, 03:01 PM

Toyo, Bridgestone, Nitto, Falken, or Kumho (it all depends on what kind of performance you're looking for and how much you want to spend).

Old 10-17-2005, 12:12 AM

I got a set of Michelin X radials for a great price.
They were from a large Arkasas based wholesale club.
You know the one.
A very smooth ride, quiet, 80,000 mile tire.
Great wet traction rating although it hasn't rained much here in the past month.

Old 10-17-2005, 05:39 AM

ORIGINAL: Garrison
I want something thats smooth riding and will be a good all season tire. Anyone have any recommendations?
I bought BF Goodrich Traction T/A's for my last car, and I'll probably get them for my new car once these tires wear a bit. They have an agressive tread for all-season use, and are still long lasting and very quiet. I was happy with them!

If you notice most other types (a lot mentioned above) might say "all-season" but unless they have an agressive tread on em, they aren't really suited for winter driving (that's if you have snow and ice a lot). Most people don't realize that an "all-season" rated tire simply means that you can use them on the snow and ice but it doesn't mean that they'll perform good on it.

Old 10-17-2005, 12:09 PM

Just for the sake of argument, you can use drag slicks on snow and ice too...

While it's true that some all-season tires perform better than others (as a general rule of everything), saying that they don't mean all-season when they say they do is a bit overkill. If you can control your car, any kind of tires will do.

And ngoti8or, I just feel argumentative right now. I'm not trying to start a war. Please forgive my sudden outburst of overanalytical logic.

Old 10-17-2005, 05:39 PM

How did I know someone was gonna mention something about what I wrote?

Yeh, slicks can be all season, and would definitely be great on ice and snow.......uhuh!

Notice that I wrote "aren't really suited for winter driving", because I knew someone would say that you could use them in the winter.

Old 10-17-2005, 06:47 PM
HCF Member

im running bfgoodwrench traction T/As and im very happy with them. also my sister has yokohamas avid h/s and they are amazing.

Quick Reply: Need help selecting new tires!