Suspension, Brakes, Tires & Wheels Talk about your suspension, tires, wheels and brakes within.

Need opinions on ride height

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2006, 07:18 PM
Default Need opinions on ride height

Ok, so here is the situation, I have a 2005 Civic, Its 100% stock, except some minor things (but who the hell cares) anyways, the plan is to throw on some 18"s. I basicly wanna lower my car around 2", maby more, maby less depending on the situation. as far as tires go, i want WIDE *** tires. I have no clue what im doing, but im not an idiot, and i know i can do most of it myself. The question is, what ride height would you reccomend, secondly what manufacturer of springs would you reccomend, and any other reecomended upgrades. I also wouldent mind a 4 degree camber. Basicly, im broke, and i want high quality parts, but i want to be able to do this in steps. so any feedback would help. Thanks.

Old 10-24-2006, 07:36 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Need opinions on ride height

If you want wide 18 inch tires and a drop, your going to have to roll your fenders. Even then you will most likely rub during hard cornering. If you want to do this in steps I would say get your wheels first, but leave them off for the time being, so you dont look like a 4x4. Then save up enough money so you can get shocks, struts, camber kit, and an allignment all in one go. Your tires will thank you. As far as springs go I would recommend tein, H&R, eibach, neuspeed etc.

[sm=icon_blah.gif]

Old 10-24-2006, 07:46 PM

hmm, well i want to go as wide as possible without any body modification. or rubbing.

Old 10-24-2006, 07:49 PM
HCF Member

I got a buddy with a 03 sedan w/ 18's and he hasnt dropped it at all and it looks PERFECT! If anything he could drop it like .5 inch and he'd be even perfecter...

Old 10-24-2006, 08:10 PM

i want it to look slammed.

Old 10-24-2006, 08:20 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: jomacba

hmm, well i want to go as wide as possible without any body modification. or rubbing.
i want it to look slammed.
Good luck [sm=smiley24.gif]

Old 10-24-2006, 09:07 PM
mxs
HCF Member

OMG 4 degrees of camber??

Old 10-24-2006, 09:11 PM
HCF Member

it's gonna look slammed alright. after your car bottoms out from hitting a deep pothole and your strut towers go into the wheel well linings. lol.

if you're gettin' 18 inch weels (which is crazy in itself) then dropping your car 2 inches or so isn't gonna happen.

you'll be tuckin' under your fender wells. good luck turning. lol.

Old 10-24-2006, 09:24 PM
mxs
HCF Member

18's on an '05 isn't so crazy. But to do it with super wide tires AND no body modifications is getting a little nuts.

Old 10-24-2006, 09:42 PM

4 degrees...no...lol. if u really want that slammed looked, get no larger than 16s and do like a 2.5" drop, u'll be just off the ground with that. with 18s and 2.5" drop it'll be higher because of the larger diameter wheels...as for wide tires, u can do 225 but u'll def. have to roll the fenders and even then u'll prolly rub if ur lowered that much, even with 16s or smaller, 18s...haha yaaa....with the smaller wheel like 15 or 16s, u'll be able to fit a tire with a slightly thicker sidewall and that combined with the smaller wheel will make it a smoother ride, even tho it'll prolly be rough as it is with the lowering springs. 18's, thin sidewall, slammed=rough ride...

Quick Reply: Need opinions on ride height