Suspension, Brakes, Tires & Wheels Talk about your suspension, tires, wheels and brakes within.

need some help

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2004, 09:41 PM
Default need some help

hey whats up guys ! i have a 99 civic si ! i just installed some tokico struts and springs ! i have two questions 1) its not low enough should i cut a coil off and cut the bump stops in half ? 2) i want to buy a rear camber kit but there r two kinds u can get one looks just like a bolt with some washers ! the other one looks like a (T) and looks way moresturdy but i dont know what either one is for !! whats the diff between the two rear camber kits and what one should i get ?? thanks for ur help !!</P>

</P>

Old 05-16-2004, 10:36 PM
Default need some help

you start cuttin coils off and not only is your performance going to be affected but your ride quality is going to go to sh*t...i would look for different springs

Old 05-16-2004, 10:51 PM
NTX
HCF Member
Default need some help

Never cut coils out of the springs. Your cars ride will suck....a lot!</P>

The rear camber Kit with the washers and bolts is called a progressive style kit. You addor subtract washers untill the rear angle is right. A lot of people like them cause they're cheap. If you know what to get you can go to a hardware store and probably pay less than $20 on parts. The other (T) shaped kit should be two halfs on a threaded sleave which allows the piece to be put in and adjusted on the car by turning the center with a wrench. It's more expensive but a lot easier to adjust if your ride height changes. </P>

I have the (T) type on my car because i have adjustable coilovers. If you have springs and are not going to adjust the height, the washer type will work.</P><edited><editID>ntxmotorsports</editID><editDate>38123.9948726852</editDate></edited>

Old 05-17-2004, 01:12 AM
Default need some help

<SPAN class=bold>slim11420 ! do u know of any springs that give more than a 1 7.5 dropi have 17's on my car now and i want my car 2 sit right at the rim ? i dont want to use coilovers cause i dont want to blow my struts i just bought tokico struts and springs !</SPAN>

Old 05-17-2004, 01:30 AM
Default need some help

<SPAN class=bold>ntxmotorsports check out that site is that all i need to fix my camber? and he talks about toe pitch can you explain that plz ! </SPAN>
http://home.earthlink.net/~civicex95/rearcamber.htmlthanks for your time

Old 05-17-2004, 02:46 AM
HCF Member
Default need some help

cut springs are the worst... they are dangerous

Old 05-17-2004, 02:28 PM
NTX
HCF Member
Default need some help

Originally Posted by SI_racer
<SPAN class=bold>ntxmotorsports check out that site is that all i need to fix my camber? and he talks about toe pitch can you explain that plz ! </SPAN>
http://home.earthlink.net/~civicex95/rearcamber.htmlthanks for your time
</P>

Thats what you'll need.</P>

Whenever a car with indepenent suspension is lowered two things change, camber and toe. Toe is when the wheels start to point away from each other (like trying to turn left and right at the same time). Normally the front has this problem. Whenever you cange your ride height, you need to getfour wheelalignment done. That will correct toe and make sure your camber is correct. You don't want to spend $500 a year replacing tires.</P>

Old 05-18-2004, 12:57 PM
Default need some help

these skunk2 springs will drop it...but you shouldnt have to worry about blowin your struts with coilovers....ive had ground control coilovers on tokico struts for over a year with no problem</P>

http://www.nopionline.com/nopistore/...etail.cfm?vmak eid=140&amp;vmodelid=020&amp;vcatyear=1999&amp;vno pinum=591% 2B4903&amp;vTitle=HONDA%20Civic%201999 </P>

Old 05-18-2004, 03:08 PM
Default need some help

never heard of rear ccplates b4. but new to the whole irs setups. but i guess with an irs it is a must. </P>

</P>

cutting the springs is the ghetto way do do things. dont do it. it f**ks everything up.</P>

Old 05-18-2004, 05:50 PM
Default need some help

k ! thanks alot guys !! thanks for all the help

Quick Reply: need some help