Suspension, Brakes, Tires & Wheels Talk about your suspension, tires, wheels and brakes within.

New Springs Installation

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2009, 11:27 PM
HCF Member
Arrow New Springs Installation

Okay, now before i go off on this one i'd just like to say that i plan on purchasing the springs since their cheap. Shocks on the other hand are more expensive, (Tokico Blues/HPs) and well, i don't think i have enough money for them. Now if some people got some positive feedback whether or not its good/bad to install onto stock shocks it be great.

Old 10-15-2009, 11:43 PM
HCF Member

either way lowering on stock shock would wear the shocks faster than on stock springs. unless you are going with something tein s-techs, h-techs, or the h&r oe, then it would last a bit longer than other lowering springs out there, since its only a mild drop, but not as long as if it was on stock springs. There's not really a con on installing lowering springs on stock shocks except that you are going to need to work on the suspension again later when the shocks do blow out. So it really depends on you, if you don't mind working on the suspension again then by all means get lowering springs on stock shocks. If you want to only work on the suspension once then get lowering springs with aftermarket shocks.

btw.. what lowering springs do you plan to get?

Last edited by sfazngiants; 10-15-2009 at 11:45 PM.
Old 10-15-2009, 11:44 PM
Sir Banned-a-lot

coilovers ftw!

stock shocks will be fine untill you can upgrade..

Old 10-16-2009, 12:13 AM
HCF Member

i plan on getting tien s.tech lowering springs. and so your saying in the mean time its fine with stock shocks right? but in the long run it will blow the shocks?

oh and supersize, i dun gotta grand to blow on this lol.

Old 10-16-2009, 12:42 AM

If you don't have the money then you shouldn't do it. You're gonna blow the shocks eventually so why waste your time doing the work twice? Do it right or don't do it at all. Don't be so impatient.

Old 10-16-2009, 12:56 AM
HCF Member

as much as i wanna pull a vaj-mag, i wont. trust that was the slap in the face making me snap out of it, lol.

Old 10-17-2009, 03:39 PM
HCF Member

hmm, well in the mean time then anybody know of reliable shocks that will go good with the tein s.tech springs?

Old 10-17-2009, 10:26 PM
Sir Banned-a-lot

2 consecutive posts.... post *****.... dont try to catch up.... you cant....... impossable.... fa rlyo....... dont even try

hahah

yeah like trust said, just wait untill you get everything together befor u do it

Old 10-17-2009, 10:57 PM
HCF Member

lol post ******, now i understand why you guys post like crazy recently. lol

i am using tein s-techs with stock shocks now for 7 months, since February and still running good. I did it this way cuz i didnt want to spend so much money yet so i did it the cheap way. when it comes time i dont mind working on my suspension again. but i would rather do it once .

Old 10-18-2009, 07:01 AM
March 2010 ROTM

How much do you have to spend? Are you doing the work yourself? S-Techs and Tokico HPs don't cost that much off ebay.

Quick Reply: New Springs Installation