Suspension, Brakes, Tires & Wheels Talk about your suspension, tires, wheels and brakes within.

New wheels/tires installed!

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2007, 06:54 AM
Default RE: New wheels/tires installed!

they loook good and i'm gonna jump on the bandwagon and agree with everybody about the lowering... but once it's dropped i think it will look really good (agree also about the lip kit)

Old 09-17-2007, 10:58 AM
HCF Member

Thanks for the input.

Do you guys usually drop 1.5 or 1.8 inches? Are the springs visible (should I stay away from bright-color springs?)

Old 09-17-2007, 11:02 AM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: Street Sniper

With no blue or red on your car, what's with the hubs and lugs? ...but what the hell do I know?

I like your wheels, but no way I (personally) go a grand unless it's on some go-fast.
I forgot to mention that the taillights are red - perfect match for the center caps. Also, if I bought go-fast stuff instead, the car would be a sleeper, but a sad-looking one at that!

Old 09-17-2007, 11:20 AM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: conceptualpolymer

Thanks for the input.

Do you guys usually drop 1.5 or 1.8 inches? Are the springs visible (should I stay away from bright-color springs?)

1.8 would look great. My s-techs drop is about 1.8ish all around and you can keep your stock struts. (lots of info on this forum about it if you do a quick search). And you don't really need to worry about the color, you hardly see them unless your looking for them.

Old 09-17-2007, 11:44 AM
Recognized HCF Member

very nice just needs a drop

Old 09-17-2007, 11:49 AM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: mill$civic

ORIGINAL: conceptualpolymer

Thanks for the input.

1.8 would look great. My s-techs drop is about 1.8ish all around and you can keep your stock struts. (lots of info on this forum about it if you do a quick search). And you don't really need to worry about the color, you hardly see them unless your looking for them.
Wait a minute, I can seegreen springs in your avatar!!!
The reason I ask is that I can get a set of Kazera springs (yellow) for $49.

very nice just needs a drop
...coming up next!

Old 09-17-2007, 12:00 PM
Recognized HCF Member

well if ya lower it i would sugest just waiting till ya buy all... the springs and struts...ya dont want one strut to blow out from the lowered suspension and then ya have to go thru ALL that work to replace them all over again just a huge hassle if it happens... id keep saving and do it all at once...

as for the steelies... depends on the tires... which since your in cali thats all people will want.LOL id say if you had snow to keep them for winter but i see ya probably dont have tha tproblem.LOL
if your tires are al good then price the tires and take the left over tread from the cost of the tires... 75% thread... 75% value. so on and so forth...

Old 09-17-2007, 05:55 PM
HCF Member

The OEM struts have about 113,000 miles on them. So you think they may have problems with new springs? Has anyone had this kind of problem?

I see that ebay has adjustable springs for $25/set, but I am very wary of something so inexpensive.

Old 09-17-2007, 06:02 PM
Recognized HCF Member

with suspension parts... DONT CHEAP OUT....
thiers a reason they are so cheap. THEY ARE CRAP!!!!!!!

Old 09-17-2007, 06:19 PM

^definatly DO NOT CHEAP OUT ON SUSPENSION!!! The ONLY cheap suspension parts that are worth anything are strut and tie bars. The cheapest quality suspension setup that I can vouche for is the Tokico HP setup, I've got them on my car and their really nice. And with that kind of milage on your struts I'd say definatly buy shocks with your springs, it's really not worth blowing a shock cause you didn't want to wait an extraweek or 2for the cash.

Quick Reply: New wheels/tires installed!