Suspension, Brakes, Tires & Wheels Talk about your suspension, tires, wheels and brakes within.

Newbie needs help with suspension

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2004, 10:13 AM
Default Newbie needs help with suspension

Hey all!

Yup, I am a newbie to this group and to Civic's. I just bought a 94' Civic EX Coupe and I want to upgrade the stock suspension. I am planning to replace all bushings and grommets with Energy Suspension poly bushings and grommets. I am also planing on changing all springs and struts but need help on choosing which coilover setup is best for this particular vehicle. I am looking for a crisp and somewhat firm suspension setup for everyday driving. I appreciate any advice you can give. [sm=smiley16.gif]

Old 07-30-2004, 12:05 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Newbie needs help with suspension

sounds like your going all out... definately go with Skunk2 if you can spare the price tag.

Im running energysuspension motor mounts... It probably shaves a good .3 sec off my 1/4

Old 07-30-2004, 12:59 PM

speaking of energysuspension motor mounts i found this click here are these the actual mounts or are they inserts or do you use them with good mounts because my motor mounts are gone... but all i need are inserts...i went to congress auto and they told me for the mounts it will run me about 200 for all of them ...and they dont carry the inserts...help please i need to know if i bought these are they going to fix my mounts?

Old 07-30-2004, 02:50 PM
HCF Member

Im not sure how an Auto is mounted? They are for manual trannys only. Also, $200 sounds kinda high.

Old 08-01-2004, 09:36 AM

0o0oo0 ok...but they are the inserts for the mounts?...it looks like they are but then again how they explain it makes it seem like they just go around the mounts....it says they can get what you need so if they are the inserts ill see if they have it for an auto....i know 200 i was like uhhhhh no ill come back in a few weeks...pepboys told me that the front mount was 115 and the back one was 106....for a stock mounts...never heard of them being so high but then again ive only worked on trucks till now
thanks...

Old 08-02-2004, 08:53 AM

Polo any experience with Tein Basic or SS? Are they worth the money? Are Skunk2 similiar to Tein in performance, ride and quality?

Thanks.

Old 08-02-2004, 03:00 PM
HCF Member

Im running teins right now (s-tech)... they are awesome. I lived in Japan for 3 years and thats ALL the japanese put on their cars so they have to be good. (best suspension company over there for like 8 years or something) Tein and Skunk2 are probably about the same... but skunk2 will run youa little more money. I'll probably stick with Tein for all my future (import) cars.

Old 08-02-2004, 03:27 PM

What is the difference between the S, Basic and SS of Tein suspension? I see Skunk2 setups on eBay going for around $400 and Tein Basic for around $625 with the SS at $900, includes 4 struts and springs.

Old 08-02-2004, 11:00 PM
HCF Member

do you plan on any racing with this suspension? auto-x, circuit or drag?

Old 08-02-2004, 11:04 PM
HCF Member

and biskits, they are inserts, and they make a huge difference and should help with your worn out stock mounts. that ad says manual only, but you can probably still use one or two inserts. i only have 2 of 3 in mine, all three were just too much vibration.

Quick Reply: Newbie needs help with suspension