HondaCivicForum.com

HondaCivicForum.com (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/)
-   Suspension, Brakes, Tires & Wheels (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/suspension-brakes-tires-wheels-14/)
-   -   Nitrogen filled tires (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/suspension-brakes-tires-wheels-14/nitrogen-filled-tires-44340/)

ef4life 05-16-2007 06:26 PM

RE: Nitrogen filled tires

if its free why not. when your tire runs low you can still fill it will regular old compressed air so no worries.

Fiirkan 05-16-2007 06:26 PM

It's up to you. Either way you will still be able to drive on them lol:D

Powermidget 05-17-2007 08:59 AM

ORIGINAL: Aslan817

My bad, they do have nitrogen tanks for paintball that is what I do know im curious to know if sports authority or any other places can fill tires since they can fill the tanks
They do, or rather the tanks and paintball valves are compadable,but very fewif any paintball stores actually use this....compressed air is used...i used to be a sponsered player and worked in a shop for 5 years and i always had kids comin in sayin they wanted nitris for there paintball guns...common misconseption...maybe you should justyour tiresfilled with air

Mycull 05-17-2007 09:46 PM

^^ Yea before my honda came into my life and took over my hobby...
it was all about paintball... and nitris is rare.. and not used that often... plus most places will say hell no to puttin it in your car...! just stick with air!

Aslan817 05-18-2007 02:11 PM

haha alright, if I do happen to order the tires and they are filled with nitrogen is it safe to mix it with air if they start to deflate after a while?

addiction2bass 05-18-2007 02:53 PM

ive heard you can mix the 2 no problems..... lets face it......... they dont VACUM your tires and then fill them up ;) youll always have some air in thier :D

... at least from what IVE HEARD its not suposed to change pressure as much with HOT to COLD temps... and the shops ive heard about if ya paid for the nitrogen filled tires then they would top them off if ya need be afew pounds....

they also have rubber O rings in the stem caps so they SUPOSED to hold air beter than typical caps....

BUT again ive never got them....... ive thought about it but just never felt the need and thought with as many nail holes i get from whatevers on the roads.LOL
just doesnt seem that practical......

Aslan817 05-18-2007 05:34 PM

Well as soon as I get my summer job and get them I will let you guys know how they are is wheelmax.com a reliable site though, or are there other sites that you guys suggest

addiction2bass 05-18-2007 05:49 PM

well unless you run the tires with regular air and then the nitrogen... the comparison wont be accurate :(

just leten ya know...... wheels dont all weigh the same as well as tires.....

WhiteCivic98 05-18-2007 08:05 PM

i worked at a Ford Dealership for sometime and they only use Nitrogen to fill tires but its not straight pure nitrogen. They have a machine that sucks in air and processes the stored portion. There is air that's pumped into your tires but its like 90% nitrogen 10% oxygen (i dont know the N to O ratio). I HIGHLY doubt you'll see any kind of weight redux from using nitro-filled tires. What you will see is more consistant tire pressure. You CAN mix it with regular air and nothing will happen altho the nitro-fill will last you a while unless you pop your tire.

mybrokenblinker 05-19-2007 10:14 AM

Just wanted everyone to know that the atmosphere is already 78% nitrogen so...kinda seems like we're blowing this outa proportion. If its free, why not, but if you're paying for it....hell no.