Suspension, Brakes, Tires & Wheels Talk about your suspension, tires, wheels and brakes within.

obx coilovers?

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2006, 11:26 PM
HCF Member
Default obx coilovers?

ok well a newb here lookin to lower. im 18 and on a short buget so.... of course im not looking to spend to much. found these obx coilovers for 185 off street styler. good, bad, ok...just want a little feed back. i was thinking about sticking with my stock shocks for a little while and only lowering 1.5 or so. i also have a steep driveway so i gotta watch that too. i want front a rear lip kit after this so i want to get lowering done without spending much over 200 if i can. please help out. thanks

http://www.streetstyler.com/Coilovers.htm

Old 03-11-2006, 11:31 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: obx coilovers?

There are many reasons they are priced so low. The only reason you should be concerned with is that they are crap, and not worth half of that price. If it takes you a year to save up for a decent suspension, it will be worth it. Think about it, you drive your car everyday, and the last think you wanna be stuck with is a car that rides like absolute mierda.

Old 03-12-2006, 07:45 PM

I second the motion. Plus coilovers are pointless.

Old 03-12-2006, 07:54 PM
HCF Member

So youd be spending $46.25 PER piece.......What kinda of quality can you expect for that amount of money? You get what you pay for, and OBX sucks. Getting a non brand name shift **** is acceptable, but this coilover system will bring you headaces, and it will make you HATE driving your car.

Old 03-12-2006, 08:24 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: Pete
absolute mierda.

Old 03-12-2006, 08:53 PM
HCF Member

Thats what I get for working in restaurants for 6 or so years. Ive never sat in a classroom for a spanish class, but I can almost speak it fluently.

Old 03-12-2006, 10:57 PM
HCF Member

ok well that takes care of that! dang i was hoping for the oposite but oh well. what brands would you recomend? what is something that will be worth my money but i wont have to spend as much of it. if thats possible. plus why are coilovers pointless? i was thinking that if i got just springs i wouldnt be able to adjust if it sits too low to make it up my drive way.

Old 03-12-2006, 11:10 PM
Recognized HCF Member

i have bomz adjustable coilovers basicly they really stiffen up the cars suspension and doesnt alow a whole lot of flex and basicly are only to drop the car however low you want it to go.. I would recommend like a set lowered spring like a 1.5inch and 1.75inch so you just pop them in and you are good to go... Another thing about coilovers is that if there is any rattles in your car you are definitly gonna notice them

Old 03-13-2006, 12:03 PM
HCF Member

yea thats what i was thinking about is just going with some set springs. what about these eibach (1.5F and 1.3 R) for only 205 off tire rack. i know some people with eibach and they have no problems with them is that a trusted name?

Old 03-13-2006, 12:06 PM
HCF Member

also what about h&r? good or bad? because i found some for $182 that lowers 1.75 and 1.5 would that be better?

http://www.tirerack.com/suspension/S...lar=&brand=all

Quick Reply: obx coilovers?