Suspension, Brakes, Tires & Wheels Talk about your suspension, tires, wheels and brakes within.

OEM Spring Rates

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2007, 07:07 AM
HCF Member
Default OEM Spring Rates

I have been searching for two days for this information, but i cannot find it anywhere. So i'm hoping that some Suspension pros like Marnie or AJ have this information. But does anyone know the factory spring rates for stock suspension? i'm actually starting to look into getting coilovers and want to have a general idea of how much stiffer they are compared to factory

Old 11-13-2007, 08:04 AM
mxs
HCF Member
Default RE: OEM Spring Rates

Suspension, Brakes, Tires & Wheels >> Stickies >> Links to useful suspension information >> Lists of spring rates [8D]

Can't find it for your specific car but I'd bet it's somewhere in this range. Probably closer to the 96-00 Civic rates...

DC2/DB8 212F/117R
96-00 EX 165F/80R

Old 11-13-2007, 08:08 AM
HCF Member

now i feel dumb[&o] lol Thanks Marnie, i will use those as reference

Old 11-13-2007, 11:52 AM
Recognized HCF Member

how about a recomended spring rate

ive contacted GC thru email and so far been like i think 2weeks with no responce
i want a medium spring rate... alittle stiffer than stock but still not REAL stiff.....

Old 11-13-2007, 12:36 PM
mxs
HCF Member

The standard ground control rates will be fine, 350/250

Old 11-13-2007, 01:33 PM

ORIGINAL: mxs

fo shizzle. i'd maybe go for 350/350 for a little less understeer..

Old 11-13-2007, 02:39 PM
Recognized HCF Member

ORIGINAL: civicexracer

ORIGINAL: mxs

fo shizzle. i'd maybe go for 350/350 for a little less understeer..
what spring rate do you have? and you got any videos of your suspension being bounced manualy? main reason i want a stiffer ride is so i dont have as much travel so maybe i wont have to roll my fenders after i get some slightly larger wheels....

my stechs move quite a bit....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFI-X7UlwnY

also do ya think those GC top hats are worth the money for the extra strut travel?

Old 11-13-2007, 03:40 PM
HCF Member

See i duno what i want, i have a friend with Tein Basic's and they are392/168, and i find them a little too stiff for me. i was thinking like 300/125 or somthing. now to just find somthing like that for a decent price and in a full coilover [>:]

was thinking Ksports, but hell the ones i find for a good price are 560/336[:'(]

Old 11-13-2007, 04:11 PM

ORIGINAL: addiction2bass

what spring rate do you have? and you got any videos of your suspension being bounced manualy? main reason i want a stiffer ride is so i dont have as much travel so maybe i wont have to roll my fenders after i get some slightly larger wheels....

my stechs move quite a bit....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFI-X7UlwnY

also do ya think those GC top hats are worth the money for the extra strut travel?

450/550 in/lbs. most ppl who have rubbing issues overlook offsets and point blame at tire size and lowering. im running 15x7 42mm offset wheels, 205/50R15 tires, havnt rolled the fenders, no camber kitand dont have any rubbing problems, even in racing conditions. so long as u get the right specs, u'll be fine. the extended top hats are great if u plan on lowering the car quite a bit. they'll offer a little more shaft travel and in turn extend shock life and give slightly better ride quality. i believe the GC top hats only work with GC coilovers. also have to specify whether ur using Koni shocks or other shocks for shaft size.

got a quick vid of my car doing what ur doing in ur vid. first 2 parts are of the front and rear on street rebound. the other 2 are of thefront and rear on race rebound. pushing pretty hard by hand and then jumping on the door sill, i weight ~150lbs. the difference between the street and race rebound settings i have arnt very noticable by sight but the feel when driving is very different. also note how low the car is, like i said no rubbing issues.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z2PoN93jao8

ORIGINAL: Fiirkan

See i duno what i want, i have a friend with Tein Basic's and they are392/168, and i find them a little too stiff for me. i was thinking like 300/125 or somthing. now to just find somthing like that for a decent price and in a full coilover [>:]

was thinking Ksports, but hell the ones i find for a good price are 560/336[:'(]
reason the Tien Basics may be a little rough is because they dont offer adjustable dampening and their set dampening may not be adequate for those rates. the KSport Pros do offer adjustable dampening and i would imagine with the right setting, it could be pretty comfortable even with those rates.

EDIT: if ur looking for a comfortable ride, def dont get the setup i have. its rough on the streets for sure, even on what u would think are smooth roads. those smooth roads arnt smooth anymore lol. feel everything...not only is the ride rough, shock life wont last too long. most ppl dont run over 500 in/lb springs on the Koni Sports because their under dampened for those rates. that is the reason why the ride is so rough and also will lead to premature shock failure. i know this and have known this since i bought my suspension. i plan on having the shocks re-valved sometime next year and most likely go to high spring rates.

Old 11-13-2007, 04:48 PM
HCF Member

I may just get the Tein Basics cause riding in the front isn't too bad, it was more so when i was in the rear i found it too rough, but I got a bit use to it after a while. we shall see, if i find somethign for a good price, that has a softer setting i may get that..

Reason for me getting something with adjustability is, it's my DD, and my winter car. so i want to be able to bring it up a bit in the winter for clearence, so i don't get stuck everywhere

Quick Reply: OEM Spring Rates