Suspension, Brakes, Tires & Wheels Talk about your suspension, tires, wheels and brakes within.

oh buggery....

Old 06-27-2006, 08:07 AM
Default oh buggery....

Hey guys,

I have had a set of 17" 214 Livewire BSA motorsport wheels on my 1998 civic 1.4 hatch for the last 3 months. I travel down a country backroad on my journey home from my girlfriends house everyday which is notorious for having poor road surfacing.

I was driving home at about 11pm in heavy rain/poor visability down this road. Despite the speed limit being 60mph, I mustve been travelling at less than half of this due to the conditions. I remembered seeing a pothole on the left hand side a certain bend in the road the night before, but unfortunately for me, a car was travelling the other direction as I was passing it - forcing me into the hedge. There was an almighty thud from the front left wheel. I pulled the car to a halt and checked the rim for any signs of damage. Then I looked to see what I had hit.....

There is a ****ing hole in the road about 1/2 foot deep and about a 1 1/2 wide! Surely the council are responsible for resurfacing the road?! What the hell have i been paying my taxes my whole life for?! Would it be advisable to go back and take some pictures of this for evidence? My camera phone doesnt take pictures in such low light so I didnt even bother trying.

At first I thought I had gotten away with it, as I couldnt see any damage on them at first (apart from the sratches caused by me having to take evasive action from a van nearly hitting me head-on further down the very same road a few weeks earlier! [:@]). The rim appears to be bent slightly, hard to see on a picture. I think the rim is a separate piece to the actual wheel, presumably held in place by the allen studs.

Can it be replaced or repaired? Im absolutely gutted about this as they set me back a fair amount of £££, not to mention how little time Ive owned them. Is the local council at fault here?

Please help me out guys, I havent got a spare £150 for a replacement wheel at the minute, and personally I feel I shouldnt need to. What do you guys reckon? I dont really fancy driving around with a fubared rim everyday.

cheers,

=chris=

Old 06-27-2006, 08:10 AM
Default RE: oh buggery....

Btw, These are the wheels I have...

Search this Thread